Web Developer 5 - Senior Front End Development Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Digital Channel Team is looking for a talented and passionate Front-end developer to support its software engineering team demands. The successful candidate joins in our Front-end development team to build interactive, responsive and device specific 'client-side' of our web applications. Also, the candidate leverages our existing Content Management system and new front end technologies to build rich digital web applications to our customers.
The successful candidate acts as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex front end applications and new brand design initiatives. Leverages available technologies to design, develop and maintain reusable UI components. Works on the most complex design initiatives. Establishes standards and determines UI framework/libraries for different kind of UI application flow. Takes responsibility to guide and mentor the junior staff in the software development, testing, and implementation process.
The responsibilities include
- Work with technology and business teams to design, build and implement consistent branding standard, rich content, accessible and compliant web application
- Foster a culture of Innovation and a high quality software engineering practices
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to build cost effective complex UI solutions
- Develop and document detailed end to end UI flow and design for web and mobile applications
- Work in Agile paced development environment, interact with multiple stakeholders to deliver the quality product in a timely manner
- Conduct prototyping, UI navigation modeling, performance driven design, profiling to improve the application performance
- Provide guidance and establish standards for performance test initiatives that take a true end-to-end focus on ensuring client side, server tiers are performing as expected
- Develop and implement an organization-wide SDLC quality process initiatives to improve application quality and security
- Evaluate and research for emerging UI trends, technologies, tools and processes to bring innovation to department
- Promote and nurture teamwork in a highly collaborative, diverse and team-oriented development environment
- 7+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications
- 5+ years of HTML (HyperText Markup Language) experience
- 3 + years of experience in developing enterprise web applications using React JS with Redux
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing Cascade Styling Sheets (CSS) based Front-End Web Design
- 2+ years of designing and developing websites for IOS and Android devices and technologies
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Experience programming or developing applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of web design and development experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Knowledge and understanding of accessibility methods and standards, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), or section 508 compliance guidelines
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of application and web security
- Knowledge and understanding of content management applications, including Tridion Content Management System
- Knowledge and understanding of technology performance: analysis and tuning for applications
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, npm, Yarn
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of Real time enterprise experience in developing React JS based applications with Redux
- Strong expertise in working with Node JS, WebPack and other tools related to React Front End Development.
- Experience in unit testing code with JEST/enzyme/Jasmine/Mocha/Chai is desired
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top