Web Developer 5 - Java Web Developer
Wells Fargo Rail operates one of the largest and most diverse railcar leasing companies in North America. We have a solid industry reputation for providing superior equipment and exceptional service. As a subsidiary of Wells Fargo, one of the largest bank holding companies in the United States with $1.2 trillion in assets, we have successfully combined the financial strength and expertise of our parent with one of the industry’s largest privately owned railcar fleets.
In this role, you will evaluate complex business requirements to design, code, and unit test solutions for the full life cycle of projects, utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs. We are looking for a Senior Java Developer/Lead to our Web and Mobile Development team.
You will support and maintain current applications by providing expert technical advice, debugging, and troubleshooting pre-production and production issues, responding rapidly to such events. Providing leadership and direction to less experienced developers on the team and ensuring timely delivery of projects is an important aspect of this position. You have a desire for constantly improving the system, championing ideas that will allow new features to be added more quickly, increase the performance, and make it easier to maintain.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop new JAVA user-facing applications and features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs or provide alternative options to support business requirements
- Optimize and design application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to solve problems
- May provided leadership and mentor less experienced team members
- 7+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications
- Experience programming or developing applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years JAVA web development experience which includes the programming/development of web applications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Understanding of database development including packages, procedures, functions, and triggers (Oracle preferred)
- Experience with version management software, code merging/branching
- Familiar with WebLogic web servers, and Apache web servers
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0216262 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top