Web Developer 5 - Digital Payment Micro-services
WAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Web Developers are software engineers in Wells Fargo's Digital Payment Micro-services (DPMS) team, who develop innovative best-in-industry micro-services utilized by internal and external clients providing financial services to millions of customers. DPMS software developers are part of an agile team, partnering with groups worldwide, to solve challenging and interesting technical problems. Web Developers must build highly secure Payment systems that will be used by internal and external systems.
In this position, the Web Developer will apply Wells Fargo Digital Banking coding practices to test-drive the creation of micro-services with Java, JEE, JUnit, Spring, RESTful services. The Web Developer participates in the growth of a framework that has to deliver 20+ million daily user sessions to very large set of devices used by our diverse customer base, from the oldest web browser to the newest smart watch. Web Developers have the confidence and skill to write code that works in ways our customers expect.
The Web Developer will contribute new ideas to improve processes, practices and style. DPMS engineers are given the opportunity to innovate and experiment with new technology, participate in contests & hackathons, and encouraged to present work to other organizations.
This position is part Digital Channels Technology (DCT) group that manages Wells Fargo Retail Online Banking serving 40+ million customers 24/7/365 days.Our Mission is to support our company's Vision & Values by delivering; maintaining and supporting high quality software solutions that provide our customers with outstanding digital experiences that will help them manage their financial needs.
- 7+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 7+ years of JavaEE experience
- 2+ years of experience developing and using RESTful Application Program Interface (API)
- Experience programming or developing applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of MQ Series Messaging experience
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Ability to design, develop, and implement large scale/complex software applications
- Knowledge and understanding of design and development of modern web applications and mobile technologies
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Enterprise
- Extensive Experience working Java 8
- Experience working with Open API 3.0
- Experience with JSON schema
- Experience with building Microservices
- Experience in building RESTful services with JAX-RS
- Experience working with build automation tool like Maven or Gradle
- Experience working with nosql database like MongoDB or Cassandra
CA-Fremont: 3440 Walnut Ave Bldg A - Fremont, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top