Wealth Investement Management Investment Research Analyst 2
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation's third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The Investment Research Analyst 2 within the Advisory Services Group of Wells Fargo Advisors will support the Fixed Income analytical team. This position is responsible for providing timely analytical support and guidance on specific corporate and preferred securities. This position may also require detailed analysis of specific sectors and various fixed income instruments. Candidate will need to communicate guidance/advice through telephone conversations, conference call commentary, video updates and written summaries. Financial modeling skills a plus.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching & analyzing corporate credits to isolate critical variables and formulate sound investment advice by gathering, reading and analyzing information
- Compiling and monitoring fundamental and economic data
- Performing financial analysis and financial modeling
- Developing and maintaining databases and forecasts to determine appropriate valuations
- Producing retail products/services to support existing fixed income research and help generate additional business
- Assist with rating agency downgrade notification process
- Participating in branch visits, conference calls and presentations to support and market the guidance/advice as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
This position is located in St. Louis, MO. Relocation assistance or other remote locations are not currently being considered at this time.
- 3+ years of investment research experience
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 86 & 87 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- 3+ years of financial services industry experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Knowledge and understanding of fixed income investments
- Knowledge and understanding of Investment tools such as Bloomberg or Factset application
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Knowledge and understanding of fixed income asset selection and research
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Strong middle market, commercial, or corporate credit analysis/structuring skills
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0051178 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top