VP for Business Risk & Controls - Wealth & Investment Management
- Manila, Philippines
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo Philippines
Wells Fargo Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Operations, Risk and Compliance, Project Management, Finance & Accounting and Data Analytics. We operate in Taguig City, Metro Manila.
The Business Risk and Controls team is responsible for identifying, measuring, assessing, controlling, mitigating, monitoring, and reporting current and emerging risk exposures associated with the activities and operations to their relevant Business Group or Enterprise Function. The team is also responsible for evaluating the impact of decisions to the relevant Business Group and Enterprise Function.
About the Role
The official job title is Business Risk and Controls Manager. This is a VP role who will be responsible for managing a team that serves as liaison between Independent Risk Management (IRM) and Front Line business group or functional area with low to moderate risk and complexity. This role is responsible in the development, implementation, and monitoring of business-specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk.
- Manages the design of business-specific risk controls and development of remediation plans to address any control weaknesses or gaps.
- Manages the development of self-assurance activities. Consults with Front Line management to ensure businesses adhere to Self-Assurance Activities Policy requirements.
- Provides risk expertise to the business unit's projects and initiatives. Prepares management reporting.
- Ensures coordination and communication inside the business, and with other business units, the Legal Department and Internal Audit as necessary.
- Manages a small business & control risk team budget and typically a team of risk & control officers and/or associate managers.
Market Skills and Certifications
- College graduate. Bachelor's Degree, any field.
- 7+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management), or
- 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management;
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience in financial industry supporting brokerage and/or investment banking is preferred but not required.
- Amenable to work on the night shift.
- Amenable to work in McKinley Hill, Taguig City.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top