Valuation Specialist 1 - Residential Field Staff Appraiser
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Corporate Credit is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan’s life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Corporate Credit is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business.
More specifically, Corporate Credit develops, maintains and ensures adherence to enterprise-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite.
About Our Team
As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within Corporate Credit that:
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
This Wells Fargo position serves the appraisal department as a State Certified Appraiser with the ability to appraise all types of Residential property (1-4 units) at any transaction amount, competently perform all types of SFR, land and 2-4 unit appraisals which include full inspection, drive-by, desktop, and appraisal reviews all within local and remote geographic locations. Competently know and understand how to use Wells Fargo EVC tool. This position reports to the Residential Appraisal Team Leader.
- Independently balances a mix of appraisal and review backlogs, determines scope of report needs, and performs appraisals while meeting quality, service and production expectations
- Appraises single-family residences, condominiums, construction to perm, acreage, 2-4 unit and vacant land regardless of transaction amount.
- Completes exterior and interior inspections, full and desktop appraisals, and appraisal reviews – regardless of transaction amount.
- Understands and adheres to USPAP, Wells Fargo appraisal standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Develops meaningful, supported, and accurate value opinions on all appraisals assignments.
- Proficient in analyzing data using computer technology.
- Analyzes and evaluates market trends and provides meaningful conclusions.
- Solves complex appraisal problems using recognized appraisal methodology.
- Maintains knowledge of technology to enhance field efficiency.
- 2+ years of valuation experience
- Certified Appraiser
- 1+ year of FHA/VA experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Ability to provide strong customer service while processing complex transactions and performing extensive research to resolve complex customer issues
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate valuations and titles
Other Desired Qualifications
- Expert knowledge and experience performing valuations and territory coverage of the Greater Boston Marketplace with additional experience throughout the counties of Suffolk, Norfolk, and Plymouth counties preferred.
- Reliable transportation
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0017425 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top