Valuation Manager 2
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Enterprise Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, reputation risk, and compliance risk. Enterprise Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo corporate functions and lines of business soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Corporate Credit is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan’s life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Corporate Credit is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business. More specifically, Corporate Credit develops, maintains and ensures adherence to enterprise-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite.
The position works in a support function in the RETECHS commercial real estate department. In conjunction with RETECHS Group Head and leaders of its professional service lines, it collaborates with internal professional staff, vendors, account officers, attorneys & management to ensure we consistently provide a quality product to our partners and customers within agreed upon service levels.
RETECHS provides support for 3 types of due diligence work: Appraisals, Construction, and Environmental.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively partner and influence executive leadership while also ensuring the business runs efficiently, supports the customer needs and always remains in compliance.
- Responsible for real estate appraisal activities within a major geographic area.
- Provides direction and guidance to management team regarding specific valuation decisions.
- Includes ensuring service levels are met, compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Working with business unit managers to understand needs and make or recommend adjustments to provide turnaround times, customer service, and quality.
- Individual is an experienced appraiser and administrator.
- 5+ years of valuation experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- Certified Appraiser
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Management experience for a team of appraisers or evaluators
- Strong technical and analytical skills including financial analysis
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0048454 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top