Valuation Analyst 1
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Corporate Credit is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan’s life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Corporate Credit is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business.
More specifically, Corporate Credit develops, maintains and ensures adherence to enterprise-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite.
About Our Team
As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within Corporate Credit that:
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
Real Estate Valuations Services (REVS) Operations provide our line of business and risk partners with residential real estate valuations. It is our goal to provide every one of our partners with the right product for the right price in the most cost effective manner possible. As part of the REVS Operations team, this position will be key in building, maintaining and rolling out more efficient policy and procedures, new training initiatives and workflows.
As the Valuation Analyst, 1 with REVS Operations Group, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting with review queue management. Duties include any or all of the following; assigning reviews according to due dates and rush requests, maintains team calendar; ensures proper distribution of workflow according to reviewers
- Schedules, create and distribute various reports which may include daily, monthly and quarterly production reports, maintains and distributes training materials
- Gathers and documents reviewer testing/training results.
- Researches, compiles and reports work unit and individual volume, productivity, quality and other statistics.
- Using CMS reports queries and spreadsheets, provides periodic reports to management.
- Coordinates monitors and executes daily production of reports used in the work unit.
- Manages specialized order pipeline such as HAMP Disputes, Lot Loans, and Commercial.
- Partners with technology to assist with user acceptance testing.
- May mentor and/or train new processors.
- May perform routine systems-related tasks (passwords, user access, etc. Avaya) and work with technical group to resolve simple problems.
- May reconcile assigned general ledger accounts for commercial ordering.
- May revise and implement policies, procedures and training materials to assure compliance with government regulations and to maximize efficiency and customer service.
- Receives detailed instruction on work from supervisor.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: operations, underwriting or valuation review
- Good reporting skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and negotiate solutions to issues with partners or clients including escalations as needed
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- SharePoint experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated high level of valuation processing knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Collateral Management System (CMS)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0017438 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top