Trading Operations Speclst 3
The Corporate Actions/P&I Department is responsible for the timely and accurate allocation of funds and securities on mandatory and voluntary corporate events. The group is responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the corporate event process. We must provide outstanding service and create an environment that maintains its focus on serving our clients while constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency. The group processes corporate actions, including name changes, forward splits, cash and stock mergers, tenders, merger elections, Dutch tenders, rights exercises, conversions, redemption's, P&I/dividend payments, etc. The group works with external custodians to process allocations from our custodians to our clients.
Other duties include the managing of communications with clients involving all corporate events including mandatory and voluntary offers, annual reports and proxies. This particular role centers around providing a Customer Service layer on top of the Corporate Actions team that will be responsible for communication with Prime Service Account Executives and clients on a daily basis. The ideal candidate must be a subject matter expert in the corporate actions space and have a customer service mindset to ensure we deliver on our service promise.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of investment operations experience
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to review and understand ISDA Master and Credit Support Annex agreements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of cash (domestic and international and physical securities (DTC) settlements)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of US commodity, equity, and interest rate markets
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Solid understanding of U.S. commodity, equity and interest rate markets.
- Ability to review and understand ISDA Master and Credit Support Annex agreements.
- High degree of accuracy.
- A quick learner, comfortable with and able to manage complex trading systems and environments. Strong customer orientation, internal and external, with a commitment to quality, accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong organizational and detail oriented skills, with proven ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- 8 years investment Operations experience with at least 5 years of Corporate Actions experience in a Financial Services firm with a focus on servicing a Prime Services business.
- Strong understanding of the terms and conditions of mandatory and voluntary offers and the process of communicating these to clients and internal interested parties (Subject Matter Expert)
- Familiarity US domestic & international securities processing
- Familiar with the regulatory environment and maintaining strong controls
- Detailed working knowledge of Broadridge
- Experience working with custodians, depositories, agents and brokers to ensure timely and accurate processing of events to client accounts and to appropriately manage risk
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients on a daily basis
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
- Series 7 or 99 required - or ability to obtain within 90 days of start
- Strong industry working relationships
- Working knowledge of XSP a plus
- Comprehensive financial products knowledge
- MIS presentation and report writing experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with an attention to detail
- Very organized, able to deal with high volumes, and prioritize workload
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and on project work
- Results driven
- Able to think outside the box
- Confidence to deal with both external and internal clients
- Strong analytical, organizational and customer service skills
- Customer Service orientation is a must with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0215723 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top