Trading Operations Specialist
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help investors achieve their financial goals through investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by collaborative service. WFAM's investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams-each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies-that attempt to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
The position will reside withinWells Capital Management (WellsCap).As a registered investment advisory firm, we focus on managing equity, fixed income and blended portfolios for a variety of institutional clients. We believe professionals with the highest integrity, focused on adding positive relative returns, with disciplined teamwork, will exceed our clients' expectations.
This role isavailable on a eighteen month fixed term contract.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- You will operate in a fast paced, high risk, deadline driven environment to expedite securities lending transactions between portfolio traders and broker dealers
- You will need to follow procedures, risk management guidelines, regulations and operational standards
- Able to make decisions, which may impact a majority of the firm's daily trades, e.g. routing and our system availability
- Research and resolve complex trade issues and problems
- Ensuring proper execution and settlement of firm wide trades. This includes ensuring regulatory compliance and balancing our books and records
- Able to minimize financial losses due to trade related or clearing error through trading resolution experience and internal/external contracts
- Serves as trading and operations expert for senior business partners regarding trade execution/settlement transactions and assignment of responsibility for trade errors
- Comprehensive regulatory and financial industry knowledge
- Establish effective relationships with broker dealers and portfolio staff
- Reconciliation and filing of trade tickets and broker confirmations.
- Reconciliation of client account statements (includes cash & securities) from the custodian against Client's statements.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Knowledge of trade settlement with respect to Global Fixed Income and currency.
- knowledge of equity, and fixed income markets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top