Trading Operations Specialist 2 - P&I Team
The Principal and Interest team supports Wells Fargo Securities Broker/Dealer, Wells Fargo Bank, and Wells Fargo Securities International Ltd. The optimal candidate will demonstrate thoughtful leadership, progressive change management and critical thinking. This individual will lead the team through business growth, seek opportunities for process improvement and partner with cross-functional business partners as a means of streamlining daily tasks. Sound written and verbal communication skills are required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Strategically leading the Principal & Interest through business growth, fundamental processing changes and industry initiatives
- Actively participate and monitor operational testing efforts for all Broadridge (BPS/Impact/Ascendis) releases
- Monitor individual’s investigative and remedial actions aimed at addressing cash and dividend trail balance exceptions
- Coordinating with cross functional business partners in an effort to isolate systemic deficiencies, size the effort to technically alter the issue and implement process improvements to attain straight through processing
- Partner with external technology vendors and WFS technology to identify, remediate issues and streamline processes on an ongoing basis.
- Introduce cross-training on day to day functions in an effort to provide backup as needed and implement best practices to streamline existing processes
- Establish key metrics demonstrating progressive improvements across the various internal processing functions
- Develop an accountability matrix focusing on employee development and team agility
- Monthly Management Reporting.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of investment operations experience
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to review and understand ISDA Master and Credit Support Annex agreements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of cash (domestic and international and physical securities (DTC) settlements)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of US commodity, equity, and interest rate markets
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in financial services with demonstrated knowledge of operational functions (P&I and Corporate Actions), trade life cycle and financial products offered in a full service broker dealer
- 3+ years of general ledger experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Previous experience partnering with the various operational teams and technology partners capturing and documenting business requirements as part of a cross-business strategic system implementation
- Prior experience in project management including documenting project plans and writing/executing test cases
- Strong leadership skills aligned with driving consensus and proposed plans to remediate processing deficiencies combined with the ability to train, develop and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to monitor team member’s workload to ensure all daily tasks are completed timely and in compliance with departmental procedures
- Able to clearly communicate issues, technical requirements and vision to various levels of management and support staff
- Solid analytical ability with prior experience using Microsoft Excel and Access to capture and present data to management in a meaningful way
- Previous experience managing a team of people in a financial services environment
- Previous experience with Broadridge
- Series 99 certified or willingness to obtain within 90 days
- Proficiency in both Microsoft Excel and Access with knowledge of advanced features of Excel
- Fundamental understanding of SWIFT and Fedwire
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0149814 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top