Trading Operations Specialist 1 - Customer Asset Protection & Quality Assurance Support
Candidate will be responsible for reviewing customer segregation across all settlement markets (DTC, Fed, Euroclear, Clearstream, Crest and local markets) for all product types. Responsible for monitoring the firm’s compliance with possession or control and segregation requirements within SEA Rule 15c3-3. Additionally, candidate will be involved with validating, monitoring and performing regulatory and trade reporting.
Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the compilation of 15c3-3 components, such as suspense and fails reporting and possession or control
- Actively contribute to the development of a root cause analysis platform
- Interacting with Finance, various Operations groups, Middle Office and Technology to ensure integrity of reports and monitor the processes involved in getting accurate data for the reports compiled
- Monitoring Possession or Control of customer fully-paid securities by identifying a “seg deficit” condition (i.e., securities not locked up timely) and notifying the appropriate department for resolution
- Ensuring control locations have proper documentation – custodial agreements, clearing agreements, acknowledgement letters, etc
- Monitoring deficit action reports and recommend enhancements. Periodically review possession or control tasks performed by various departments. Gather and analyze possession or control data for the focus report
- Responding to any possession or control compliance related issues and concerns as they develop. Assist with special projects. Assist in the testing of enhancements to the possession or control systems
- Researching new and increasing seg deficits to determine whether segregated customer securities were used inappropriately
- Liaisoning with regulatory examination teams and auditors during examinations and audits
- Maintaining integrity of firm controls and procedures
- Identifying potential process improvements
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of investment operations experience
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to review and understand ISDA Master and Credit Support Annex agreements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of cash (domestic and international) and physical securities (DTC) settlements
- Solid knowledge and understanding of US commodity, equity, and interest rate markets
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience within the securities industry, preferably within support to:
- International trade settlement including Euroclear, Clearstream, Crest and various local markets
- Domestic markets including DTC, Fed and physical clearance
- Prime Broker operations
- Stock Loan and Repo process
- Industry Regulatory/Buy-In standards and deadlines
- 1+ years working in a Customer Protection role
- BS/BA degree in Finance or related field.
- Strong understanding of Possession or Control
- Working knowledge of Broadridge systems including GLOSS, Impact and BPS
- Strong accounting background with knowledge of reconciliation
- Ability to demonstrate effective analytical skills
- Energetic individual that works well under pressure in a team environment with demanding deadlines
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and also formulate plans to effect positive change within a team environment
- Historical evidence of “change management”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to react to change quickly
- Able to analyze and interpret data from both statistical and efficiency standpoints
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0215724 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top