Trade Sales Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Trade Sales to join our International Trade Services (ITS) in Hong Kong.
ITS acts as the Company's center of excellence for cross-border trade finance. We manage and cross-sell a full range of international trade products, including commercial trade, standby letters of credit, and trade payables financing. We help improving alignment with relationship lines of business, develop and deliver trade products that deepen relationship with Wholesale Banking customers, and profitably to meet the customers' evolving trade needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Market, identify requirement for maintaining and expanding business ties with our prospects and existing multinational global corporate clients with a focus on our US client base, as well as FIG clients
- Achieve deeper trade product penetration and prospect new trade relationships
- Analyze corporate and FI clients' requests and devise solutions tailored to their requirements
- Chasing leads and following up on opportunities to generate sales and revenue
- Maintain good relationship and actively promote trade finance products and services to multinational corporatesand FI prospects
- Liaise with business partners, trade operations, customer care and system group to deliver best-in-class trade services and implementation, for example ebanking demonstration and training
- Monitor transaction volume to ensure proper utilization and growth
- Conduct regular service review and identify opportunities for improvements with customer and internal stakeholders
- Keep abreast of market trends and make recommendations to enhance the product gaps and competitive strengths
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree holder
- Minimum 7 years of in depth work experience in trade finance sales. Experience in trade operation preferred
- Solid knowledge of all trade finance products from documentary trade to account opening, standby LC, factoring, market trends and operation workflows
- Knowledge of global supply chain and account receivables programs is a plus
- Proactive and strong sense of responsibility and commitment
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills, sales and service oriented, innovative and self-driven
- Excellent communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Strong PC skills, including MS office and Chinese word processing
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top