Territory Sales Manager Vendor Wholesale
Market Job Description
Responsible for developing new business relationships and adding referral partners, while maintaining sources of business from an assigned group of Canadian dealers and manufacturer programs.
Wells Fargo through its acquired businesses has successfully offered inventory and wholesale financing facilities within this market segment for 15 years. Our team has a well-established market presence with a reputation for offering extensive industry expertise and market leading technology to our customers.
As a senior member on the commercial team you will join an experienced management group that values collaboration, hard work, and personal growth.
- Focus is on growing manufacturer programs and dealer relationships within the Canadian construction and transportation markets.
- Achieve new business volume and profitability objectives.
- Grow strong relationships with your dealer and manufacturer partners; Identify, create, and execute innovative and effective financing solutions.
- Maintain high sales coverage levels, prospecting, data analysis, preparing proposals and credit packages, negotiating price or other terms, and coordinating on-boarding of new customer relationships.
- Understand the collective value propositions of Wells Fargo Capital, particularly Vendor Finance
- Manage the existing portfolio, ensuring customer service expectations are met and assisting the risk team with any distressed accounts.
- Have the financial acumen to be able to read and analyze financial statements, in a high volume environment, and structure value- added deals for customers within reasonable risk tolerances at appropriate returns
- Maintain high service level standards with your dealers by leveraging your effective communication skills, solution-oriented mindset, sense of urgency, and positive attitude.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Post-secondary education (commerce/business administration preferred)
- 8+ years of direct sales experience in a financial services company or equivalent.
- Must possess a strong understanding of commercial lending and be able to structure opportunities to fit bank credit appetite.
- Must be able to set goals, execute plans, achieve results, and perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented sales environment.
- Ability to operate successfully within a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Having undertaken or undertaking a CFA, CPA or MBA – Finance Program
- Knowledge of financial accounting and taxation
- Up to two years of experience in equipment financing or financial analysis
- Bilingualism – French/English
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top