Teradata DBA - Database Analyst 5
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the Internet (wellsfargo.com) across North America and internationally. We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but we’re decentralized so every local Wells Fargo store is a headquarters for satisfying all our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. One in three households in America does business with Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo has $1.4 trillion in assets and more than 275,000 team members in more than 35 countries across our 80+ businesses.
Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA), which offers Chief Data Office capabilities to Wells Fargo, focuses on leveraging data as a strategic asset. Data is critical to Wells Fargo’s continued success, deepening relationships with our customers, creating a seamless and convenient multi-channel experience, and meeting our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs. EDA defines how we use information across the company, align our business practices and support our continued focus on great customer experience.
We are looking for a highly competent and motivated individual to fill a Mid – Senior level DBA role in the Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) organization to manage one of the largest data warehouse (BMG). This role will support the analytic needs of our business partners in Deposits, Debit Card, Fraud and Digital Channels. The warehouse team works closely with our partners to leverage the information infrastructure to develop and automate business processes, reduce costs, and support strategic initiatives to achieve revenue growth, improve risk mitigation, and enhance customer experience management.
This position has the responsibilities of application design & development as well as the system administration.
Some of the Primary responsibilities of this role would include, but not limited to:
- Design, Development and maintenance of data acquisitions from various applications/sources across the enterprise (Recommending Physical design for database objects, Writing code to develop stored procedures and other data objects etc.)
- Collaborate with data modeler, meta data specialist, business analysts and ETL team members to resolve complex data design issues/provide optimal solutions that meet business requirements/benefits system performance.
- Monitor business use and performance of the data warehouse and provides feedback to data warehouse architects, developers, and other database administrators as well as provides mentoring and assistance in sql tuning to business partners and users.
- Share User support mailbox management and on-call duties and troubleshoot and resolve user and database issues to ensure the data warehouse meets service level requirements.
- Collaborate with other EDA DBA teams, Architecture and external vendors in Planning, testing, configuration and execution of installations, upgrades and migrations
- Develop, manage, schedule, and document data warehouse operations and tasks, including archival, security, backup, and aggregate table creation.
- Provide guidance to less experienced database analysts, managed resources and other BMG team members where applicable, including guidance for troubleshooting escalated issues and support regular/emergency requests during production issues.
Preferred: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Chandler, AZ and San Francisco, open to all locations of Wells Fargo throughout the US along with Telecommuting
- 7+ years of database design and administration experience
- 4+ years of Teradata experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience
- 7+ years of stored procedures development experience
- 4+ years of performance tuning experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 7+ years of data warehouse experience
- 4+ years of UNIX experience
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with TASM and advanced performance management and SQL tuning
- Viewpoint experience
- Experience with Teradata PDCR and CPPT tools
- Experience with Teradata Version 14 or greater
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0016306 CHIEFADMINOFFIC/CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top