Technology Manager API Development
At Wells Fargo, technology is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our more than 75 million global customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) group provides strategic technology-based products, services, and governance for our enterprise business units. Wells Fargo Gateway (WFG) is a new API Channel that supports all lines of business for all enterprise customers. This is new enterprise-wide channel is using the latest software tools and development practices to deliver speed-to-market solutions for internal and external clients. The development lifecycle is agile with a focus on continuous development and integration.
This Enterprise API channel within the Wholesale Banking Technology organization is looking for an experienced and seasoned Technology Manager that will lead a development team. This manager will have previous hands-on technical experience, whose primary responsibility will be leading API development teams and will design and develop solutions integrated with disparate business services. This manager will also be responsible for managing relationships with internal business and technology partners to define technology concepts, requirements, design alternatives and project schedules.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Building and managing an API development team of 10+ developers
- Deep experience with DevOps tools, experience managing developer framework
- Responsible for software development and code quality
- Managing relationship with geographically dispersed API channel business.
- Managing relationship with EGS Off-Shore development teams and API platform team.
- Maintaining consistent and regular contact with all levels of management within Technology and the supported business units.
- Conducting research and analysis of competitive market environment for innovative business products and services, regulatory/compliance issues, and implications of new implementations
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience, in an IT environment
- 7+ years of Java experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Management experience including large/multiple application development efforts within a small-to-medium size line of business
- 10+ years of technology experience in software development
- 5+ years experience leading and building high performing application development teams in high volume or critical production service environment
Modern development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Kanban)
- Previous hands-on full stack development experience
- Building and supporting API/API integration layer
- 10+ years of experience in Java/J2EE systems and internet facing REST and SOAP based services
- Working knowledge or demonstrated conceptual understanding of the following:
- HTTP REST concepts, JSON, JSON schema, the Swagger, JSON REST specification the HTTP protocol and status codes
- Enterprise Service Bus Products, especially Mulesoft ESB/AnyPoint Studio
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Development concepts
- Modern automated testing concepts, BDD, TDD
- Modern code quality
- Modern Java/EE development, Java 8, Eclipse IDE
- Modern Java build and dependency management tools, Gradle, Maven
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0046893 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top