Technology Manager 5
Wells Fargo capital markets data services technology team is seeking a hands-on big data technology lead to build markets business data lake supporting capital markets sales & trading. The incumbent will also manage the team responsible to support the Big Data platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Elastic Search, Talend) and lead development projects in capital markets area, as well as collaborate and partner with enterprise solution architects and relationship management support staff.
Candidate will provide strategic thought leadership and measurable outcomes in data strategy and insight including data ingestion, data distribution, data governance, business intelligence and business analytics.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage vendors, internal relationships, Proof of Concept and Proof of Technology roadmaps and prioritization.
- Manage and lead big data engineering team and support software development life cycle.
- Develop and implement Big Data strategic roadmap for moving the platform forward in a controlled and cost effective way.
- Work with other Enterprise teams to ensure that the Big Data team is leveraging enterprise-wide assets and support capital markets data services application systems.
- Ensure infrastructure, processes and procedures meets information security and operational risk requirements.
- Partner with direct and indirect technology line leaders in long range strategic planning and ensuring integration with enterprise wide technology strategy. This includes experience and the ability to balance all the different considerations and sensitivities with partners and influence positive strategic direction.
- Establish and implement a Hadoop capital markets Data Lake, develop a strategy and gain consensus across key technical leadership through effective communication. Drive the vision to closure through the effective management of goals and objectives.
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of management experience in an IT environment
- 10+ years of information technology experience
- 5 + years of technology management experience
- 3+ years of Big Data experience
- 3+ years of data modeling experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA engineering degree or higher
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistics or predictive modeling methods (regression modeling, clustering, pattern recognition, graphics)
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, tools, and environments
- Preferred experience with the following: Data Science: Linear Regression, Classification models like Logistic regression, CART, Random Forest, Text Analytics, Clustering, Optimization techniques
- Big Data: Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Hbase, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Flume, Oozie o DW/BI Architecture: Data Landing, Staging, Foundation, Consumption layer Data Security: Row and Column Level Security, Data Encryption, Reporting and Analytics
- Prior development experience with one or more of the following: Java, Perl, Python, or C+
- Previous capital markets experience
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0048149 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top