Technology Manager 4 - API Developer Portal
Wells Fargo Gateway is a new enterprise-wide business API channel focused on packing out products and services as discrete pieces of functionality that can be delivered to websites, mobile devices or customers' internal tools. The Gateway team is hiring a seasoned Technology Manager/Leader to develop the strategy and implementation of our API Developer Portal. We are seeking an industry veteran with a passion for building innovative, secure and scalable solutions for desktop/mobile/tablet leveraging industry best modern technologies, best practices and standards to create an engaging and outstanding customer experience. The manager will collaborate with our business and technology partners to develop and manage the strategy and implementation of our Developer Portal. The development lifecycle is Agile with a focus on continuous integration and testing, and DevOps model.
The Gateway Developer Portal is the central point of engagement with the development community within Wells Fargo and enables developers to begin testing our APIs. With a few clicks you have access to everything you need to get started: from detailed information on all of our APIs to sample code to facilitate developer testing. Our sandbox provides a secure environment to test your API integration before moving to production.
This Technology Manager's responsibilities include being a leader and champion on technology trends and development best practices, sustainable frameworks, performant and scalable web application designs, web-accessibility and responsive web design for browser/mobile/tablet web applications. In addition, we are looking for a leader who can manage a larger distributed team and budget. It is expected that the candidate be able to provide technical and thought leadership through mentorship of managers and team leads. They will also have the ability to work with multiple project managers and partners, and provide project leadership where required.
- Regular interaction with senior management or executive levels
- Regular interaction with both LOB and technology partners at all levels
- Manages team leads, developers and/or direct report managers
- Leads a team through technical analysis, design, construction and deployment of highly complex / scalable / secure application projects.
- Acts as the highest-level technical expert on the development and implementation of highly complex internet and intranet applications on diverse platforms, crossing multiple business lines.
- Demonstrated ability to apply core Java design patterns, application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications.
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of J2EE technologies, tools and designs.
- Provides design and coding direction to less experienced staff
- Recruits, trains and develops talented full stack development resources
- Leads projects, plans, allocates and manages project resources and manages deliverables of less experienced staff
- Assures quality, standards, best practices, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees project and release rollout to production through consistent reviews, metrics and automated governance solutions
- Evaluates, negotiates and recommends systems specifications, participates in continuous tuning of the banking platform for optimal performance and scalability, determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution
- Works with direct reports to develop and document performance objectives that are in alignment with the organization's and LOB goals and objectives, and provides performance coaching to direct reports.
- Responsible for staff management (hiring and HR administration)
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience, in an IT environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Management experience including multiple application development efforts within a medium to large size line of business
- 10+ years of technology experience in software development
- 5+ years experience leading and building high performing application development teams in high volume or critical production service environment
Modern development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Kanban)
- 5+ years expert level knowledge of MVC frameworks, specifically Spring
- Previous hands-on full stack development experience
- Proven ability to communicate with business and technical groups easily, ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Strong knowledge of how to monitor applications to ensure 24x7 uptime
- Working knowledge or demonstrated conceptual understanding of the following:
- HTTP REST concepts, JSON, JSON schema, JSON REST specification the HTTP protocol and status codes
- Enterprise API Manager Products, Especially WSO2
- Modern automated testing concepts, BDD, TDD
- Modern code quality
- Modern Java/EE development, Java 8, Eclipse IDE
- Modern Java build and dependency management tools (Gradle or Maven)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0046893 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top