Technology Manager 4
- Bangalore, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
The Enterprise Technology Infrastructure (ETI) team is responsible for enterprise-wide infrastructure services across the global footprint, including networking, production services, storage, data centers, mainframe, midrange and Cloud-based systems, distributed systems, and international infrastructure.
About the Role
A TM4 in Enterprise Database Management Group will be supporting the databases in wholesale line of business.
- Organize, lead and motivate development resources to meet expected deliverables and quality standards across multiple, simultaneous wholesale application Databases, located in multiple, geographically-diverse locations.
- Provides technical direction to the project team
- Define standards, best-practices and workflow
- Create accurate change plans, schedules and ensure efficient allocation of resources
- Reviews current status of SLA's and metrics and prepare recommendations for improvements
- Manage and address changing project needs.
- Handling all production support escalations and EACO calls during India day hours
- Facilitate communications within the team and facilitate knowledge sharing amongst the team and other personnel.
- Motivate team members and promote a strong sense of support, ownership and urgency.
- Improve processes and procedures, increasing departmental effectiveness
- Identify resource needs and enforces project and delivery standards
- Create development plans for the team members
- Partner relationship management
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, development and training of new DBA's
- Track and manage finance for an accounting unit
Bachelor of Science/Technology in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Minimum of 14 years experience in the areas of Relational Databases like Oracle 12c, 18c, 19c or Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017 or DB2 10.5 & Informix 12.10 or Teradata 16.20
Knowledge on any two in Oracle Exadata x6, 12c Pluggable & Container Databases and Understanding of Cloud(Azure), IAAS and DBAAS setup
Extensive experience on 10g/11g RAC, ASM and Replication
Exposure to OEM, Data guard, RMAN ,Performance Tuning
Expertise in managing Incident call and evaluate RCA/PA/CA
Ability to Translate Business needs into Database Technology solutions with Resiliency, Replication, Security and Availability.
Minimum 10 years hands on experience in production environments.
Strong Trouble shooting and Debugging Skills
* Ability to work in Global Teams
Market Skills and Certifications
• Recommend scalable, advanced technologies and methods
to support and maintain with existing Databases and support
the implementation and upgrades of future versions
• Keeps abreast of new technological developments. Conducts
evaluations of new products and POC's.
• Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Solid understanding of architecture concerns and Database
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Needs to
communicate with business partners, technology partners,
QA, and other groups within the organization.
• Must be a quick learner, able to work independently, and
manage time effectively.
• Previous ownership of an Database systems including
responsibility for creation, maintenance, and ongoing support
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top