Tech Development Sr Mgr
- Hyderabad, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services
Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services (WFEGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WFEGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WFEGS at our International Careers website .
Products & Services: Home Lending (Home Mortgage, Home Equity), Personal Lending (Personal lines and loans, Student loans) and Wells Fargo Auto (Consumer vehicle financing and Commercial Dealer Services). Consumer Lending Technology (CLT) is responsible for providing technology solutions for the Consumer Lending group.
About the Role
This is a leadership role to lead and provide strategic direction for the Wells Fargo Retail Lending Technology group of CLT in WFEGS. The group is responsible for application design and development to support the WF Retail Lending, Servicing, Default Management and Education Finance Services groups.
- Responsible for managing cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of technology programs, services and initiatives with varied scope, complexity and risk.
- Engage with the WF Retail Lending CTO to formulate and implement an effective global talent strategy for the group.
- Lead the technology delivery team for Retail Lending in WFEGS and responsible for the overall direction and operations of the technology delivery for this line of business across applications and projects.
- Manage and take accountability of the technology delivery for Retail Lending group in WFEGS.
- As a member of the CLT leadership team, will work with the Head of CLT in WFEGS and play a key role in developing and managing initiatives and support strategies at a global and local scale.
- Manage a large, high level technical area or a large-scale new development with direct impact to organization-wide objectives.
- Manages budget across multiple Accounting Units/ Cost Centers.
- Build strong relationships with partners to work together on environment and platform management, and with application teams to manage project pipelines and technical deliverables
- Establish partnerships with multiple teams within WFEGS and the enterprise to ensure timely delivery with compliance to all processes laid down by the enterprise.
- Build a culture of collaboration and partnership, optimization, and business focus
- Build strong relationships with peers across CLT group to leverage and share best practices for managing application design and development.
- Partner with CLT peers to ensure successful delivery to the line of business partners and appropriate escalation of issues as needed.
- Provide functional management services to coach, mentor and support team members with their daily responsibilities and career goals.
- Actively develop technical leaders and managers for successful creation of a talent pool at all levels in the group.
- Play a key role in the WF Retail CTO's leadership team and manage initiatives at a global scale.
- Lead implementation of transformational initiatives for WF Retail Lending group
- Where applicable, ensure effective transition of technology work from US to WFEGS in collaboration with the US teams and the transition team.
- Engage and manage stakeholder relationships and provide solutions, as needed.
- Engage the partners (counterparts in the US) to plan, assign and manage the delivery of application design and development activities.
- Champion diversity and inclusion in the team.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions and/or customers.
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to direct report managers.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Must have 18+ years of experience, of which at least 5 years in senior management roles leading large teams, with demonstrable success in creating and driving effective technology teams in multinational business environments.
- Strong working experience in development/Migration of business applications
- Strong experience and exposure in Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience in building agile teams and implementing agile methodologies
- Must have good understanding of global trends and practices in technology
- A seasoned, relationship-driven executive who will have the style and sensitivity to work within a highly complex business environment. Multi-cultural sensitivity a must.
- Possess business problem-solving and strong leadership skills
- Should have managed a business unit / large account independently, looking after budgets, revenues, expenses, staffing, people development, etc.
- Proven record in a successful offshore delivery environment, across multiple sites.
- Demonstrated expertise in people management with capability to identify, recruit, develop, motivate and retain talent. Ability to manage managers and senior technologists.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and relationship skills. This includes experience presenting to, collaborating with and building trusted relationships with executive management, senior management, technical mangers and peers to influence direction.
- Must be able to demonstrate true results in impacting business outcomes and must be an innovative leader.
- Exposure to banking domain with experience in Lending/Mortgage.
- Experience in a global in-house center will be desirable.
- High level knowledge of .net and Mainframe.
- Experienced in process improvement and quality frameworks.
- Demonstrated expertise in Project Management, Customer Engagement and Quality.
- Exposure to current trends in technology such as Cloud, Micro Services, etc. would be an advantage
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top