Team Manager, Financial Institutions Group (Indonesia and Malaysia)
Coverage and relationship management of a designated group of bank and non-bank financial institutions based in Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Lead a team of Relationship Managers with responsibility for relationships in Indonesia and Malaysia; set direction, provide coaching and feedback, build commitment.
- Grow and maintain financial institution relationships in Indonesia and Malaysia through a proactive, strategic and consistent business development, client retention, and prospecting relationship management effort. Oversee the development of lasting, influential, consultative client relationships with key decision makers at all levels.
- Meet quantitative and qualitative portfolio revenue and Return on Equity targets; manage business within expense targets.
Compliance Risk Management
- Reinforce and contribute to a culture which firmly establishes compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers.
- Ensure compliance with Know-Your-Client (KYC) documentation and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures in order to effectively mitigate and manage risk.
- Collaborate extensively with Financial Institutions Group (FIG) Compliance, APAC Compliance and the FIG Relationship Management Support Team both "on the ground" and in management decision making.
- Ensure compliance with Wells Fargo expense policies and procedures including Global Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Credit Risk Management
- Oversee the credit portfolio and credit risk; drive country-specific credit strategies for Indonesia and Malaysia; reviewing and endorse credit requests; oversee the effective management of country and counterparty limits and use market intelligence to capitalize on opportunities and avoid pitfalls in managing bank and country risk.
Product Partner Engagement
- Develop and execute account plans to define Wells Fargo's holistic objectives for assigned clients and prospects.
- Collaborate effectively with other Wells Fargo groups to meet holistic revenue targets, execute business plans, implement new business, and retain existing business. Key product partners include Global Payment Services, International Trade Services, Wells Fargo Trade Capital (Factoring), Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Fixed Income Sales and Trading, WFS Debt Capital Markets, WFS Interest Rate Risk Management, Corporate Trust, Foreign Exchange and Wells Fargo Asset Management among others.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree
- Minimum 10 years of financial institutions coverage experience and/or relevant product experience as it applies to financial institutions.
- Strong knowledge/experience in compliance and regulations. Sound understanding of compliance policy and risk, especially KYC, BSA and AML risk.
- Superior hands-on knowledge of Indonesia and Malaysia financial institutions relationships, market dynamics, macroeconomic and political circumstances.
- Working knowledge of correspondent banking products and solutions.
- Working knowledge of treasury, asset management and/or capital markets products and services.
- Sound understanding of counterparty and country credit risk and relevant credit risk products.
- Proven track record of marketing transaction products and service.
- Fluency in English (oral, reading and writing); fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top