Tax Manager 3
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale's secured lending businesses including Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company's assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS), a division of Commercial Capital.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
•Plan, organize and monitor the workflow of team to ensure timely, accurate and compliant cost basis recordkeeping, tax withholding remittance, and filing of IRS and State tax returns related to Corporate Trust Services
•Manage people and accounts to established process and compliance expectations
•Form, develop and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures
•Lead and manage staff; use existing and develop appropriate reports and other management tools to track and monitor performance and account administration; oversee responses to issues or problems; and escalate issues when needed
•Collaborate with Risk Management, Legal and Sr. Management to resolve issues not in compliance
•Coach and develop staff, directing their activities to meet plan objectives and ensuring proper risk management
•Work with various business partners to resolve complex account issues
•Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other internal managers, as well as local and regional business partners
•Manage to established operational and risk policies
•Assist in defining operational quality and control requirements /targets and identify approaches to correct problems and ensure that quality and control standards are met and maintained
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 6+ years of corporate income tax experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Corporate trust experience
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years combination of tax and accounting experience in a major accounting firm, financial services company or multinational company
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters of Taxation or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification
- Experience with tax reporting obligations under different tax regimes (i.e., Chapter 61-Back-up, Chapter 3- NRA and Chapter 4-FATCA) for onboarding, reporting and withholding purposes; validation of tax certification Forms W-8 and W-9, preparation of tax Forms 1099 and 1042-S, Cost Basis for equity and debt instruments, Presumption Rules and sourcing of payments
- Ability execute business strategies tied to a common vision, which maximizes revenue and profitability
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to identify and assess issues, implement solutions and implement change
- Exceptional customer orientation and ability to balance needs of clients, shareholders and team members
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, clients, other managers, Sr. Management, Legal, Risk Management and other internal and external parties
- Strong attention to detail and ability to track/document metrics
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0162900 WHOLESALE BANKING
Back to top