Tax Accountant 3
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale's secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company's assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
This job is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS) Tax Department. A division of Commercial Capital.
The Tax Compliance group is a high volume tax operations business unit. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated, dynamic individual to fill a Tax Accountant 3 position on our Tax team. This role is ideally suited to an analytically trained individual with interest in a position utilizing accounting, finance and tax skills.
This position's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Review, prepare and analyze quarterly and annual tax basis information reporting and tax returns for tax entities issuing Mortgage-backed Securities. Tax entities include Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduits (REMICs), Partnerships, Disregarded Entities, Grantor Trusts and Widely Held Fixed Investment Trusts (WHFITs).
• Review processing exception checks for reasonableness, identify and communicate tax structure modeling requirements, and resolve issues
• Research IRS Code and Regulations as needed
• Review transaction documents related to tax duties
• Process the most complex transactions or reconcilements relating to the amortization of Original Issue Discount
• Participate in the development of system enhancement requirements and testing
• Train junior level staff and review their work
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of tax and accounting experience
- Customer service experience
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of REMIC and Partnership preparation
- Analyzing Financial statements
- Analyzing monthly and quarterly exceptions
- Knowledge of Intex
- Tax Experience
- Familiarity generating and analyzing cashflows and troubleshooting tax models.
- Knowledge of Original Issue Discount/Present Value concepts/financial calculations
- Knowledge of mortgage banking
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0057594 WHOLESALE BANKING
Back to top