Tax Accountant 3
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk.We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Group Risk Office (WGRO) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking team member to join the Tax Risk & Governance team to assist with various responsibilities related to Tax Issues & Audit focused on customer information tax. The position is aligned to assist with the maintenance of the governance program which enables the Wholesale Tax Program across the Wholesale Banking Group to meet regulatory requirements related to customer information tax onboarding, withholding, and reporting.
Daily the individual will monitor tax issues and resolution as it aligns with the Issues management Policy. Track completion of tax issues in enterprise system, provide metrics reporting, and facilitate resolution meetings with Lines of Business and senior management. Additional responsibilities will include coordinating with stakeholders on tax compliance project including lines of business and corporate tax.
Performs moderately complex to complex tax accounting activities related to the preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns and/or the financial statement accounting for income taxes. Prepares comprehensive tax workpapers, performs account analysis, prepares responses to audit requests, research memos and/or correspondence and maintains records related to income tax returns and reports. Develops high level of knowledge of federal and state income tax laws, rulings, regulations and judicial decisions. Develops relationships with assigned business units related to the collection and analysis of information important to income tax accounting and/or compliance. May provide functional advice to less experienced staff.
- 3+ years of tax and accounting experience
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years customer income tax experience including U.S. Tax reporting expertise and expertise in US tax rules
- Experience in tax operations, tax risk mitigation or tax compliance in a financial services environment
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical tax onboarding, withholding, reporting and required tax compliance
- Experience influencing processes, policies and procedures consistent with corporate values and tax laws
- Ability to independently evaluate tax issues and apply sound business judgment with minimal oversight
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization including senior / executive management. Must be able to take complicated subject matters and effectively present recommendation and options
- Proven project management and coordination skills
- Demonstrated strong communication skills to communicate complex tax issues, opportunities, and risks to non-tax experts in a clear and concise manner.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
0213884 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top