Tax Accountant 3
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS).
Corporate Trust Services provides trustee, agency, fiduciary and stock transfer services for bondholders, stockholders, investors, institutional clients and lenders. Our services are typically used on asset- and mortgage-backed securitizations, municipal bonds, company stock, investment plan services, corporate actions and warehouse/conduit programs created by public and private corporations and government entities. Additionally, we serve as a third-party corporate escrow agent among two or more parties and provide stock transfer services to over 550 corporations with more than 5 million shareholders.
We Are Looking To Fill a Tax Accountant Role to execute the role of a Team Lead within The CTS Tax Department and preform the following Tasks:
- Daily management of team work flows for all tax reporting components.
- Train and coach staff and re-assign work based on operational needs, volumes and deadlines.
- Ensure accurate execution of tax policies and procedures to comply with tax laws and meet audit requirements.
- Represent team in Business Line and Corporate Trust Tax meetings.
- Approve and monitor staff PTO.
- Position staff for cross-training opportunities and establish training schedules.
- Organize and lead efforts for system and process improvements for CTS Tax Department.
- Interface with Tax Product team for required tax law interpretations.
- Motivate staff to excel, collaborate and maintain a positive workplace with emphasis on building strong customer service and foster communication among all business partners.
- Define and Maintain Business Line Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Oversee annual tax reporting tasks as needed in order to meet Regulatory deadlines.
- Develop high level of knowledge of tax reporting requirements.
- Prepare responses to audit requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical tax withholding, reporting and compliance.
- Ability to independently evaluate tax issues and apply sound business judgment with moderate oversight.
- Communicate complex tax issues, opportunities and risks to non-tax experts in a clear and concise manner.
- Tackle projects as assigned.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of tax and accounting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelors' Degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent experience;
- Experience in debt cost basis and tax information reporting;
- FATCA experience
- Practical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Highly organized with detail orientation;
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to work independently and learn unfamiliar tasks and environments;
- Experience with Corporate Trust system platforms such as SEI, SunStar, TranStar;
- Experience in filing 1099 reports and 1042 reports to include the data capture, validation, production and distribution of these reports.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0010755 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top