Tax Accountant 3
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS) / Tax Group.
This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review, prepare and analyze quarterly and annual tax basis information reporting and tax returns for tax entities issuing Mortgage-backed Securities. Tax entities include Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduits (REMICs), Partnerships, Disregarded Entities, Grantor Trusts and Widely Held Fixed Investment Trusts (WHFITs).
- Review processing exception checks for reasonableness, identify and communicate tax structure modeling requirements, and resolve issues
- Research IRS Code and Regulations as needed
- Review transaction documents related to tax duties
- Process the most complex transactions or reconcilements relating to the amortization of Original Issue Discount
- Participate in the development of system enhancement requirements and testing
- Train junior level staff and review their work
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of tax and accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- U.S. Tax return preparation and information reporting experience
- Experience preparing REMIC and Partnership tax returns
- Ability to handle and accomplish multiple tasks effectively
- Experience generating and analyzing cash flows and troubleshooting tax models
- Knowledge of Original Issue Discount/Present Value concepts/advanced financial calculations
- Knowledge of mortgage banking and securitization
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0057594 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top