Tax Accountant 2
This job is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS) Tax Department.
We Are Looking To Fill a Tax Accountant Role Within The CTS Tax Department To Preform the following Tasks:
- Work within a team that is responsible for the withholding and reporting for the Wells Fargo Corporate Trust Service tax department.
- Complete daily tax reporting and withholding tasks as assigned.
- Ensure accurate execution of tax policies and procedures to comply with tax laws and meet audit requirements for tax reporting.
- Participate in meetings with Business Line and Center of Excellence.
- Participate in efforts for system and process improvements for withholding and reporting.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert participating in the implementation of new or changing Regulatory requirements for tax reporting.
- Draft and/or review procedures for tax reporting functions of the team.
- Assists with the preparation and execution of test scripts.
- Preform annual tax reporting tasks as needed in order to meet Regulatory deadlines.
- Cross-train on other department production functions and act in backup capacity when necessary.
- Develop high level of knowledge of tax reporting requirements.
- Assist in research to respond to client Line of Business and audit inquiries.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical tax withholding, reporting and compliance as it relates to systems and record keeping tools.
- Evaluate tax issues and apply sound business Well Fargo practices and policies. Escalate issues contrary to established practices and policies.
- Communicate tax issues, opportunities and risks to non-tax experts in a clear and concise manner.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Year- end tax season may require additional hours to meet IRS deadlines.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of tax experience, accounting experience, or a combination of both
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Associates Degree or higher, preferably in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent experience;
- Tax reporting experience including 1099 and 1042-S forms;
- FATCA experience;
- Ability to work independently and learn unfamiliar tasks and environments;
- Experience with Corporate Trust system platforms such as SEI and TranStar.
- Experience in filing 945 and 1042 tax return to include the data capture, validation, production and distribution of these reports.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0010755 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top