Talent Acquisition Leader for EMEA, Canada & LATAM
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in over 36 countries.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of International Talent Acquisition and is a strategic leadership role responsible for the execution of integrated talent acquisition strategies, programs and hiring fulfillment across all lines of business in the markets of Canada, Latin America and the EMEA region. This leader will consult with senior managers and stakeholders to identify and define current and future staffing needs in support of the organization's business objectives and increasing hiring demands across two geographically dispersed regions, nearly 1,000 combined annual hiring volume and approximately 12 team members.
Specifically this leader will be responsible for:
- Building and executing an effective and efficient internal and external talent acquisition strategy, aligned to the overarching International Talent Acquisition strategy, and aligning the local recruitment teams to execute against business objectives.
- Overall leadership, management and development of staff which includes both managers, professional recruiters and recruitment support staff. This includes hiring, retaining, and developing a world-class diverse talent acquisition team.
- Consulting, advising and influencing senior executives on recruiting strategies and solutions that improve and sustain business success including anticipating future state and driving results.
- Providing leadership to sourcing and recruiting practices and assure compliance with local government requirements.
- Establishing and providing performance metrics and measures to continually assess the effectiveness of the team and its progress and the value of programs and processes.
- Developing and refining resource capacity modeling to ensure adequate resources are in place to meet the changing staffing needs of the business.
- Consulting with HR and business leaders with solid knowledge of local government rules and regulations affecting recruiting policies and practices; ensuring that recruiting activities are in compliance with governmental requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
- Partnering with the International Talent Acquisition and HR Operations team to ensure technology solutions deliver a more integrated and seamless approach to HR delivery.
- Management of the day to day employment activities for the business which will include staffing strategy (inclusive of diversity strategies), needs analysis, development & execution of innovative sourcing practices, and management college relations programs.
- Partnering with the broader talent acquisition team (including Centers of Excellence such as Operations & Infrastructure, and Talent Channels/Recruitment Marketing) for efficient use of resources, tools, best practices and recruitment partnering opportunities.
- Developing and leveraging partnerships across the broader enterprise to ensure identification of internal candidates and ensure appropriate linkage to the executive succession planning & talent review process.
- Management of organizational delivery through metrics for data or fact-based decisioning.
- Experience working with and successfully managing teams across multiple countries.
- Management of relationships with staffing agencies and contingency firms.
- Oversight of budget for the function.
- Representing the Americas & EMEA Talent Acquisition team on enterprise-wide group initiatives.
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 20% time.
This person must be an exceptional leader and will be recognized for accomplishments related to hiring, retaining, and developing a world-class diverse staff supporting both a volume based and specialized skill-based recruitment environment. The ideal candidate will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will have strong inter-personal effectiveness and possess technical/professional expertise in recruiting, with a strong focus on innovation and bringing new approaches and ideas, focus on results and establishing high standards of excellence, strength at building relationships and collaborating across multiple businesses and in a matrix organization, and leading and championing change. This role also requires the experience and ability to operate at both a local and global level, with dotted line relationships with corporate level Centers of Expertise within HR and Talent Acquisition.
Specifically, we seek:
- A seasoned leader with at least 15+ years of increasing responsibility in human resources with emphasis in Recruiting/Talent Acquisition.
- Minimum 5 years management experience including success managing managers and leading complex/matrixed teams across multiple locations/geographies.
- Excellent knowledge of country employment laws, excellent written, verbal and listening skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; project management; staffing capacity planning skills; a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action.
- Previous virtual leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in geographically dispersed environments.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing, highly complex matrixed environment.
- Exposure to international HR operations.
- Strategic Leadership - Creating and achieving a desired future state [vision] through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems.
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish objectives.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Organizational Awareness - Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on investors, customers, and clients.
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team.
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff.
- An impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business acumen.
- A self-starter with a working knowledge of risk management fundamentals and policy creation.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic.
- Able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.
Back to top