Systems Support Analyst
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
Main Function of the Role
This position is within the Wells Fargo Technology Department and is to provide technical support for Finance users on-site responsible for technical validations in test and production of the FRS Global application for regulatory reporting, and also provide on-call follow-the-sun support of the Global Availability and Compliance Engineering applications for strategic systems.
This role is available on a seven month fixed term contract.
- Provides technical systems support within a technology organization.
- Provides support for highly complex technical issues and initiatives related to large-scale applications, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services; uses/creates diagnostic, simulation and other tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to systems; evaluates service level agreement criteria.
- Identifies gaps in current technology process and recommends changes to assure SLAs can be supported.
- Performs migrations from development to production, upgrades, installations and/or configurations.
- May evaluate or review queries to extract data, create standard databases, or perform limited programming to fine tune systems supported.
- Completes project sizing; updates/writes documentation and procedures and provides related training.
- Troubleshoots network, hardware and software issues and coordinates resolution with users, vendors and internal service groups.
- Writes/designs test scripts; creates change or issue logs; analyzes performance trends and recommends process improvements; assesses changes for risk to production systems and assures quality.
- Security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas; updates, creates and tests the business continuation plan.
Market Skills and Certifications
- May coordinate project resources and provide guidance to less experienced analysts.
- Review and planning with counterparts in US/EGS tech-team of all vulnerability remediation, infrastructure and tech refresh initiatives for safety and soundness.
- User setup and maintenance and privileges (all authorizations are within the application) to meet access requirements.
- Log monitoring, analysis of errors and system diagnostics.
- Vendor escalation/sales force cases and monitoring status of same, providing any background material required for further analysis.
- Coordination of meetings with tech/vendor working sessions, and updates for US and EGS based tech teams
- Management of the defects within the Application Life Cycle Mgmt system or JIRA, with follow-up of any assignments
- Status reporting
- Updating alerts/alarms/and autosys notification
- Start/stop parameter driven ETL jobs
- Start/stop TOMCAT and Websphere systems (administrative privilege) in a break-glass capacity
- Start/stop Autosys jobs for test or if required in production
- Escalation and working with FACS for issues w/SOR feeds, and working with business partners for approval on any forced starts (without current SOR data if delays unacceptable)
- Metrics reporting and trending of issues, timings and SLA.
Desired Qualifications / Experience
- Systems support analysis experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in 3rd party regulatory reporting systems, International banking, ideally Wolters Kluwer, FRS Global
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus (for China Regulatory Reporting system support)
- WINDOWS Administration
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top