Supply Chain Management Consultant
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
- Manages spend categories, develops supply chain strategies and leads contract negotiations for assigned low to medium risk, low to medium complexity products and services.
- Works with business groups to issue/evaluate RFx and conduct reverse auctions.
- Establishes supplier evaluation/selection criteria and coordinates supplier due diligence activities.
- Participates in contract negotiation and strategy development; analyzes supplier contracts, business goals, and market conditions. May customize legal language and draft non-standard contract terms and conditions.
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensures to meet third party risk management program requirements and policy compliance.
- Acts as the primary liaison and SCM relationship lead between current assigned and potential suppliers and Lines of Business.
- Spend data capture, reporting and manipulation/analysis to determine opportunities
- Potential to lead projects and initiatives on behalf of international Supply Chain team (multi-regional)
Market Skills and Certifications
- Established experience in procurement/supply chain roles
- Experience of working alone or in very small teams (self-motivator)
- Experience in a process driven environment would be good
- Willing to establish themselves through a high degree of data capture/analysis/options generating
- Able to prioritize their own workload and organize their time to meet deadlines/commitments
- Highly customer focused (demonstrable experience of this)
- Confident and articulate
- Able and willing to take direction but also able to offer up ideas and solutions unprompted
- Experience in multiple spend categories would be good
- Proven ability to establish and grow working (customer) relationships
- Proficiency in one or more European languages would be ideal (notably French, German or Spanish) but not essential
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top