Summer Analyst, Japan
About Wells Fargo
Whether you're at the beginning of your career or looking to make your next move, you want to work for a company that values your individual talents, skills and experienc e. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. We pride ourselves on being ranked the 9 th Best Company for Diversity and a top-ranked company for LGBT employees by DiversityInc. , with a perfect score of 100 on the Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign . Learn more below about the many exciting career paths and opportunities we offer.
Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) consists of nearly 5,000 team members in 50+ offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, focused on middle-market and large corporations and global institutional investors. Our sales, trading, research, investment banking and capital markets teams deliver a comprehensive set of products and solutions to our customers.
Summer Analyst Program in Tokyo
The program duration is 10 weeks and is designed to provide you with the unique opportunity to learn about our culture and how our different lines of business collaborate with one another to deliver solutions for our customers. In addition to practical experience gained from working with our Investment Banking Capital Markets and Markets Sales & Trading teams, the program offers organized activities such as classroom training and networking opportunities to support your professional development.
Upon joining, you will be allocated to a home team, as well as a buddy whom will provide support and guidance throughout your time here. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Partnering with senior bankers to help them prepare presentations, financial and credit analyses, and financial projections and models
- Analyzing industries and investment structures
- Participating in investment discussions and related strategy meetings with senior managers
- Performing in-depth company and industry research
- Identifying broader market trends to support sales and trading
In addition to working alongside team members who are experts in their respective fields, you will partner with fellow Summer Analysts in Hong Kong and/or Singapore to complete a project and present to a panel of senior leaders at the end of the program.
Market Skills and Certifications
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for students who can demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, critical thinking and excellent communication skills. Students from all majors and who have the personal traits below are invited to apply:
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets and starting a career in Asia Pacific
- A personality that is energetic, flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- An ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and achieve goals, all whilst working in a dynamic and complex environment
- Demonstrable sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- For a Sales or Investment Banking Capital Markets position, proficiency in both English and Japanese is required
- For a Trading position, proficiency in both English and a local language in one of our hiring locations in Asia Pacific
- A Bachelor's degree with an expected graduation date of December 2019 or May 2020
Back to top