Strategy Consultant 4(External CyberThreats Strategy)
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
With over 13,000 team members, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) serves Wells Fargo consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). Over 32 million customers use our digital channels to manage their financial lives. Our customer-facing contact centers provide service and solutions to customers by phone, email and letter 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with approximately 450 million customer contacts annually. WFVC’s vision is to pioneer the next generation of financial services and provide the best virtual experiences, anytime, anyhow, anywhere.
The Wells Fargo Virtual Channels Fraud Management (VCFM) team has an opportunity for a key member of the team focused on External Threat Management (ETM). The scope is customer-facing External Threat mitigation spanning mobile and online channels (direct coverage for Community Banking consumer/small business customers; partnership with Wholesale). Team responsibilities include threat surface mapping, environment analysis, vendor assessments, operational tactics, strategy development and implementation. In addition, the successful candidate will lead a large, enterprise program aimed at helping Wells Fargo reduce cyber risk.
The position will:
- Manage third party vendors that supply intelligence, phishing, etc.
- Evaluate new internal and external data sources for intelligence analysis
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to understand intelligence requirements and of external threats affecting Virtual Channels
- Monitor the overall environment as external threats (malware, phishing, and other social engineering schemes where the Wells Fargo brands are spoofed and customers targeted) emerge, evolve and gaps surface.
- Assist the ETM manager with developing and implementing the 3 year strategy and overall program management structure.
- Provide strategic consulting services to senior leaders on key program initiatives
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the enterprise to drive and aid in decision making for Wells Fargo’s Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Provide subject matter expertise on actual or perceived events as well as emerging technologies and tools for WFVC and other lines of business leaders.
- Collaborate with the business and partners to assess fraud and authentication risk around new projects.
- Provide rapid assessments on senior management/VIP external threat requests.
- Interface with experts across the industry, to include Federal Law Enforcement (FBI, HSI, USSS and CIA), Private Sector executives and represent Wells Fargo at industry consortiums and conferences.
The Strategy Consultant 4 is a senior business leader who must work well with ambiguity in a rapid-paced environment. They need the ability to distill information from multiple sources and quickly develop recommendations, even when the topic/subject area is new. Superior relationship building skills, ability to communicate effectively to all levels and previous cyber security experience is required.
Locations: Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; McLean, VA
Open to all locations within the Wells Fargo footprint as well as a telecommute option.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via email. Please check your email regularly for updates.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of the organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience providing principal level strategic financial crime and external threat analysis to inform product, service, channel and design strategies to mitigate exposure to complex financial crime threats.
- Experience in utilizing multiple methodologies to monitor key indicators for emerging threat trends in the online and mobile space affecting Wells Fargo and their customers.
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams with direct or matrixed management responsibilities to design and develop multi-channel external threat mitigation strategies to including modeling/analysis, data analytics and visualization
- Ability to partner with executives, senior managers and subject matter experts across Wells Fargo and externally to include Federal Law Enforcement, Government Agencies and Private Sector Executives to oversee the development of counter-measure strategies and tactics to offset emerging and evolving external threats from malware/viruses, phishing, pharming and other social engineering schemes
- Ability to Interface with experts across the industry and represent Wells Fargo at industry forums on External Threat Management and Online and Mobile Banking fraud
- Experience with special case handling with Executive Office, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels Operations or senior executive referral/hand-off and VIP/High Value customer servicing; may include interaction with customers, customer’s delegates, custom device assessment, etc.
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise on actual or perceived events as well as emerging technologies and tools for Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and other line of business leaders
- Ability to support core content in the Information Security Fusion Center
- Experience managing financial crime detection, investigation and intelligence strategies.
- Experience monitoring industry, technology and regulatory trends to determine business impacts
- Active Secret Security Clearance
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0014771 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top