Strategy Consultant 4
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy all our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
With over 13,000 team members, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) serves Wells Fargo consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). Over 32 million customers use our digital channels to manage their financial lives. Our customer-facing contact centers provide service and solutions to customers by phone, email and letter 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with approximately 450 million customer contacts annually. WFVC's vision is to pioneer the next generation of financial services and provide the best virtual experiences, anytime, anyhow, anywhere.
When we are fully engaged at work, we work better and we work together. Customers see this. They see Wells Fargo's value and success in team members like you. Our product is service and each one of us distinguishes Wells Fargo's service when we feel satisfied, recognized and rewarded in our work. This is the heart of our vision and values — the link between greatness as a company and service — and it applies equally to those who work directly with our customers and those who make our service possible
The Strategy Consultant is an individual contributor role on the Digital Business development team, serving as a key strategist who will support and accelerate WFVC's efforts to be a leader in the digital space. The successful candidate is a creative thinker and proactive practitioner with an entrepreneurial mindset who can work at both strategic and tactical levels across the enterprise. Most strategies will be transformational in nature and require significant change to current/legacy thinking and practices. The individual will also be responsible for cultivating and managing partnerships with Fintech's and other companies outside of financial services. Close collaboration with our Digital Labs team; evaluate and validate proof-of-concepts, proof-of-technologies and other pilots.
- Establish, grow and strengthen strategic digital partnerships with startups, corporates, academics, accelerators and thought leaders to enhance our innovation reach and agility
- Manage vendor, Fintech and other partner evaluations.
- Develop forward thinking strategies that could support large-scale digital transformation by exploring and defining creative solutions with emerging technologies and/or Fintech solutions.
- Research, experimentation and prototyping of next-generation solutions that will deliver value to our customers and team members.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research, and form solid point of views based on factual data.
- Plan and facilitate meetings with cross enterprise stakeholders in order to execute on strategies or solutions.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- 2+ years of financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of internet, mobile, and tablet technology
- Knowledge and understanding of digital channel systems, processes, and analytic tools
- Experience with digital software product management in the financial services industry
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Knowledge and understanding of product management, development or consulting
- Management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings to reach conclusions, identify tasks, record actions, and achieve results
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Hyper-focused on digital technology / trends and substantial experience developing and managing complex relationships, preferably proven by at least 4-5 years of experience in a sales/consulting/business development capacity
- Demonstrated experience in creating innovative digital focused solutions in the FinTech industry, consistently seeking out ways to create/improve our external partnerships
- Experience in leading internal and external assessments, facilitating long term planning and creating influential business documents for senior management.
- Ability to strategically analyze data and diagnose opportunities and interventions
- Knowledge and understanding of compiling and preparing executive summaries, whitepaper, and presentations for management/senior leaders
- Demonstrated examples of creative problem solving, analyzing of information from disparate sources and delivering comprehensive, balanced & actionable points of view.
- Trend and competitive intelligence process leadership, including environmental scans, assimilation, curation and presentation to senior leaders.
- Seasoned in developing a customer-centric vision for solving business problems, using analytical business models to understand financial and customer experience implications
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0208680 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top