Strategy Consultant 3
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
This Strategy Consultant 3 will be responsible for driving the execution of cross-CCS, Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) and 1WF priorities through research, planning, process engineering, and change control execution. This role will be responsible for creating and leading complex cross-functional teams of strategic / operational business consultants and/or Project and Program managers to champion CCS, PVSI and 1WF strategic initiatives that will help increase revenue, reduce expenses, improve customer experience and/or mitigate risks across CCS, PVSI and the enterprise.
The qualified individual will be a highly effective consultative leader with an undisputed presence and credibility as a result of demonstrating strong business and financial acumen, effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem solving skills who operates with a collaborative and results orientation.
- Working with functional partners and business management to identify, formulate and implement appropriate, efficient and effective processes and procedures that will result in business, operational and customer excellence
- Supporting the Strategic Planning and Execution leadership team on miscellaneous strategic and operational project/ program efforts as deemed necessary by the leaders of CCS, PVSI and 1WF
- Driving process improvement and redesign discipline as well as significant change management oversight
- Working across functional and business line leaders to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflict to ensure alignment and delivery of critical objectives
- Ensuring the team has developed metrics and ongoing performance evaluation and updates for collective organization awareness and decision making; establishes effective & efficient management and communication cadence/tempo
- Developing and managing program documentation that adheres to appropriate policy and methodology
- Working with business line and/or functional management to resolve issues and address deficiencies
- Provide strategic thought leadership during the defining and assessment stages of programs, services or initiatives
- Beyond experience, the right personal integrity, style and attitude are critical to success in this role
- This leader must be a self-starter that can partner and influence efficiently across complex and highly matrixed organizations. Demonstrating the ability to establish themselves as a trusted thought partner and advocate is critical to the success
- Strategic Leadership – Creating and achieving a desired future state vision through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems
- Relationship management orientation with strong influencing and collaborative leadership skills
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish business results
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and a proven ability to be an inspirational leader
- Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent – able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization
- 5+ years of strategic planning experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years’ directly recent and relevant experience in a strategic planning, management and/or consulting capacity that demonstrates a successful progression of roles with increasing responsibility
- Possess a broad financial services background including being highly effective while working in highly matrixed, consensus driven and decentralized business environment
- Experience with formulating and executing strategic recommendations which requires translating complex business and technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound business decisions
- Previous experience in management consulting, internal corporate or business strategy or payment technology
- Prior background in preparing business assessments within management consulting
- Familiarity with CCS products (credit card, rewards, enhancement services) and the respective drivers of profitability
- Reputation for being a highly responsive leader who thrives on achieving results in a large, complex, diverse organization; who respects the culture, is flexible and adaptable. Documented history of providing value to a senior management team.
- •Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present, discuss information in a way that persuades others, and enhances understanding at all levels.
- •Skilled at developing and delivering professional presentations for senior management.
- •Capable of (and experience with) leveraging resources across the organization to create an effective working team, and work plan to accomplish goals.
- •Strong analytic capabilities with proven track record for creating clear, concise business insights to senior management.
- •Demonstrated experience in complex horizontal program/project management.
- •Existing or has ability to form strong partnership and collaboration across the businesses leadership team and functions.
- •Prior background in preparing business assessments within management consulting preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0204492 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top