Strategic Sourcing Cons 2
Let’s talk about joining a collaborative team and building your career
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more challenges, opportunity, and responsibility. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Supply Chain Management creates and implements end-to-end sourcing and procurement solutions that provide sustainable expense reductions, streamline processes, and reduce vendor contract risk in support of line of business and enterprise objectives. This position is within the Strategic Sourcing Group within the Supply Chain Management organization supporting Wells Fargo’s Meetings and Events and Travel teams.
- *Willing to consider other WF hub locations based on candidate qualifications.
This Strategic Sourcing Consultant 2 will be responsible for the following:
- Manages spend categories and develops supply chain strategies with suppliers that have significant strategic business impacts
- Leads contract negotiations for high risk and highly complex hotel and travel products and services.
- Works with senior management and key stakeholders across the enterprise to determine the long-term needs and applicable supply/service market strategies.
- Partners with business groups to issue/evaluate RFx and conduct reverse auctions.
- Establishes supplier evaluation/selection criteria and coordinates supplier due diligence activities.
- Leads strategic and acquisition-related sourcing and contracting activities or enterprise expense reduction initiatives.
- Determines negotiation strategy and controls all aspects of contracts negotiations.
- Customizes legal language and drafts non-standard contract terms and conditions to proactively address supply chain and business issues.
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes e-business (procure-to-pay), diversity, environmental and supply chain cost reduction strategies to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Identifies and drives TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) process improvements to reduce costs.
- Acts as the primary liaison for current and potential suppliers; resolves systemic/recurring supplier/customer issues.
- Uses experience, supply base knowledge, benchmarking data, and market conditions to determine appropriate supply-side and demand-side category levers.
- Proactively identifies and escalates risk-related issues.
- Accountable for category savings targets for multiple categories and supplier performance measurements.
- Develops & delivers management reporting.
- May provide direction to other supply chain managers.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: sourcing, technical sales, consulting, or vendor management
- 3+ years of contract negotiation and pricing experience
- Ability to negotiate agreements or contracts
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
- Ability to develop and execute sourcing strategies
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with the IBM / Emptoris sourcing suite of products
- Understanding of the strategic sourcing 6/7 step methodology
- Sourcing/contracting experience for meetings, events, and travel
- Undergraduate BS/BA degree in business administration, finance or supply chain management.
- Strong knowledge of commodity & supplier industry conditions, trends, opportunities, and cost/market driver components to source assigned categories.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0016419 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top