Strategic Planning Manager 2 - Wealth & Investment Management
You have the passion. You have the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores, 12,000 ATMs, the Internet (wellsfargo.com), and other distribution channels across North America and internationally. With more than 275,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in America. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked #23 on Fortune’s 2011 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the nation’s leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial peace of mind. WIM administers $1.6 trillion in client assets, with $60B in loans and $172B in deposits across several lines of business including Retail Brokerage, Wealth Management inclusive of Abbot Downing, Asset Management and Retirement.
The Strategic Planning Manager for WIM is a senior business leader responsible for providing strategic consulting through: strategic planning support; engagement-based consulting for executives and senior leaders on a broad array of strategic topics; and alignment with partners to position and transition strategy into true organizational change activities. This person is responsible for leading others in business opportunity identification and developing and overseeing data analytics and qualitative insights that support strategic recommendations. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional business consulting skills, strong business acumen, leadership abilities, and a focus on follow through activities to deliver WIM strategic priorities identified by WIM senior leaders. This individual will work with executives, managers, and strategy leaders across Wells Fargo. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading, directly or through influence, high-visibility cross lines of business strategic assessments, strategy development, and long-term strategic initiatives that present significant challenges and/or opportunities to the business.
- Supporting leadership of annual strategic planning. This will include partnering with business leaders and staff functions across WIM and Wells Fargo to evolve and align WIM’s strategic initiatives including identifying gaps, targeted strategies to address those gaps, ensuring a holistic overall WIM strategy. Further, this will entail prioritization, alignment of support resources, and monitoring of active initiative results.
- Participating in and helping lead segment strategies related research, opportunity assessment, and initiatives.
- Spearheading efforts to understand, enhance, qualify, quantify, and objectively evaluate proposed strategic focuses and initiatives.
- Leveraging and collaborating with Client Information and Analytics, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Technology and Operations, product development, Marketing, and other key partners.
- Leading efforts to transition developed strategies into implementation activities. This will include influencing in a matrixed environment to secure organizational resources and partnering with day-to-day business and dedicated implementation resources to ensure implementation success and realization of target benefits.
This collaborative leader must be capable of thought leadership, developing and enhancing strategic plans and solutions, and leading change. The role demands a persuasive, effective communicator who will position WIM competitively and influence senior management across multiple lines of business. It requires strong consulting, strategic planning, and relationship management skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily-matrixed environment with diverse teams. The role requires a passion for developing new strategies and enhancing proposed initiatives, follow through on developed strategies into implementation, a unique ability to balance important long-term strategic and short-term urgent priorities, and a personal desire and accountability for positive client and shareholder change. At minimum, the candidate will have eight years of strategic consulting experience that includes direct strategic plan development experience.
One position is open to reside in Charlotte, St Louis, or San Francisco. Other locations and telecommuting are not options.
- 7+ years of strategic planning experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience with a management consulting firm
- Proven ability to make tough decisions, accept challenging assignments, partner and overcome obstacles to deliver results
- Solid business acumen including competency in identifying, comprehending and synthesizing industry data, creating hypothesis of market trends and assessing WIM implications; exceptional quantitative, analytical, and conceptual problem solving capabilities
- A natural orientation toward delving deeper to identify new and to enhance proposed solutions vs. leading the day-to-day delivery of defined solutions (while capable of both if needed)
- Drive to seek deep knowledge of clients’ needs, desired outcomes and day-to-day objectives and proven ability to support and leverage these while developing and advancing longer term strategies
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong interpersonal relationships and a highly effective network at all levels of the organization
- Capability to become a trusted advisor to senior leaders, supporting, enabling and enhancing their direction and targeted results
- Track record of follow through on proposed initiatives beyond approval into and through implementation – demonstrated ability to leverage or be an effective direct member of delivery teams as the situation requires
- Strong written, oral and presentation development communication skills; faculty for guiding discussions at an executive level and presenting strategic findings to cause organizational change
- Proven success leveraging and coaching junior consultants and analysts
- Previous industry experience in Wealth, Brokerage, Retirement and / or Asset Management related businesses
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0077777 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top