Strategic Business Segments Quantitative Research Analyst
Let's talk about building a rewarding career
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of our clients worldwide: institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Wells Capital Management is a registered investment advisor and a dedicated institutional asset manager within the WFAM umbrella. Our mission is to deliver superior investment service to our institutional clients globally.
The Quantitative Research Analyst in the Strategic Business Segments (SBS) group at Wells Fargo Asset Management will develop investment products, solutions and thought leadership for key Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) business segments including Defined Contribution (DC) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), in addition to collaborating on research and product development efforts across the Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) organization. The ideal candidate for the role has a broader interest, outside of his/her direct responsibilities, in building out the WFAM business and brand.
- Research, develop and implement new investment solutions that help plan sponsors prepare their participants for retirement, with a near-term focus on retirement income products
- Collaborate with clients to develop customized solutions for plan sponsor and participant needs
- Help build the team's ESG capabilities; analyze and develop ESG strategies and indices
- Work across the WIM platform to drive innovation and increase penetration
- Develop research and content for white papers, presentations and seminars for clients, working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- 4+ years of equity investment research experience
- Research experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong independent thinking skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance or a related quantitative field; advanced degree preferred. CFA or ASA designation a plus
- 5-10 years of institutional investment experience; experience in the retirement and DC markets and in ESG investing and data preferred
- Exceptional quantitative, technical and analytical skills
- Strong programming skills and experience working with large data sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to connect and engage an audience, explaining complex concepts in a simple fashion
- Track record of intellectual curiosity and research innovation
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0216991 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top