Sr. Diversity and Inclusion Consultant (OED Sr. Consultant)
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Corporate Human Resources develops and implements people strategies to support Wells Fargo's business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, finance, team member relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice, where people are our competitive advantage. Our operating foundation is based on our ability to operate efficiently, develop HR team members, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure.
This HR role provides subject matter expertise focused on increasing the effectiveness of the organization with a specific emphasis on diversity and inclusion (D&I). Utilizes advanced OED consulting skills to establish and maintain effective partnerships with HR Consulting Leaders, OC/MC level leaders, Enterprise Diversity & Inclusion, and other COE partners to integrate and align D&I initiatives to close the gap between current and desired future state. Ability to apply a systemic and strategic view to current Line of Business processes that could become more core and common across all businesses. May be accountable for influencing around diversity and inclusion scorecard metrics and coaching to behaviors that drive progress toward team member, marketplace and advocacy goals. Recognizes opportunities to align OED approaches and consult on business needs while integrating diversity & inclusion into business strategies. Implements and manages programs, processes, guidelines, tools and instruments that could support core and common OED initiatives associated with diversity and inclusion and the organizational constructs that accompany an inclusive culture. Recognizes the behaviors, interpersonal/group dynamics, understands implications of conflict, supports change and uses root cause analysis to evaluate and consult to their impact to people, the business and an overall inclusive culture. Promotes One WF through evaluation and enhancement of organization performance and by utilizing and leveraging enterprise tools and framework. Generally advises and supports executive management 1-2 levels below the OC leader
Aligned to LOB leaders and provides strategic thought leadership, consulting, coaching, and core and common solution development in collaboration with EDI to accelerate D&I progress.
Strategic consultation and execution
- Provide expert consultation and coaching to set LOB diversity objectives, annual and longer-range plans and support in the execution of these objectives.
- Annually, leverage data to inform and prepare a statement of work document detailing the LOB's strategic diversity plan and corresponding accountabilities to realize measurable results against business and enterprise priorities and goals
- Provide expert consultation and coaching to influence leaders on the design and implementation of effective D&I strategies. Monitor data trends and patterns to inform the work, outcomes, alignment, collaboration, effectiveness and integrating D&I into the business
- Consults/coaches with senior management, HR professionals, LOB D&I councils and influences peers and colleagues to problem solve, design and deliver effective and efficient enterprise-wide D&I solutions that integrate D&I into the business and address business/enterprise needs and priorities
- Manage a complex D&I agenda, interacting with and influencing executive decision makers and functional partners, offering consulting resources and effectively communicating to build relationships and credibility
- Drive accountability through influencing senior leadership, working with key partners, business leaders, and HR
- Create and develop forums to collect and share effective diversity and inclusion practices
- Consult to alignment with business, HR, and D&I strategies, goals and objectives inclusive of CEO Action for D&I pledge commitments
- Consult to EDIC Members, LOB D&I Scorecard, and OC/MC leaders on strategy, gaps, strengths and opportunities
Promote One Wells Fargo solutions
- Work closely with peers and partners to develop core and common 1WF D&I change management approaches and communications that can be leveraged by businesses, and TMs across the enterprise
Build an inclusive culture
- Support diversity and inclusion learning, competency, skill-development and advocacy by leveraging and reinforcing existing D&I learning courses, tools, and resources
- Effectively role model the behaviors expected of leaders to integrate D&I into the business
- Serve as a change agent and influencer, and provides thought leadership on diversity and inclusion to build a high performing inclusive environment
Location: 301 S Tryon St, Charlotte, NC; Position will relocate to Ballantyne, in South Charlotte, toward the end of 2017. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered.
- 4+ years of human resources experience
- 2+ years of organizational effectiveness experience (includes talent management, leadership development, culture assessment)
- Diversity and inclusion consulting experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Knowledge and understanding of compiling and preparing executive summaries, whitepaper, and presentations for management/senior leaders
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Leadership experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to lead projects, forums, and focus groups
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0075979 CHIEFADMINOFFIC/CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top