Software Sr Engineer - Senior Performance Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers 'round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Digital Application Technology(DCT) Performance Engineering team plays a key role in driving the availability and response time for all the digital channel applications. We are hiring a Senior Application Performance Engineer to join our DCT application performance engineering team. Our goal is to support our company's Visions and Values by delivering; maintaining and supporting high quality software solutions.
The key responsibilities includes
• Lead multiple technology platforms /applications for performance engineering strategy and automation.
• Mentor junior staffs and bring them up to the speed to build the resource pipeline to ensure success of the various platforms.
• Lead various platform reliability, resiliency and Chaos engineering initiatives across the digital channel platforms.
• Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, DevOps and testing.
• Drive the synergy across development, production support group (PSG), Enterprise Database Management (EDM), infrastructure architecture and business in driving various best practices including but not limited to automation, service virtualization, coding for seamless performance management.
• Act as an industry expert and go to person for all supported application's performance analysis and recognized as an expert on various performance management and analysis tools such as Dev Test, AppD , Jenkins, HPC load runner etc.
• Partner and lead the key performance metrics, bottlenecks and obtain the buy in from key stakeholders.
• Looking beyond current mobile performance management practices and leading and mentoring the team to ensure bug free, and one of the best mobile platform.
• Drive performance analytics capability using Splunk and other tools for quick resolution to all front end applications.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Performance Center or LoadRunner experience
- 3+ years of performance tuning experience
- 3+ years of Linux experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Java
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Knowledge and understanding of database capacity and performance analysis
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
Other Desired Qualifications
- Solid understanding of virtualization tools such as Broadcom DevTest.
- 3 years' of shell and python scripting/development experience
- 3 years' of reliability , resiliency and Chaos engineering experience
- 5 years' experience with application performance engineering for JEE/J2EE based applications and web containers such as Weblogic and Tomcat.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top