Software Sr Engineer
- Bangalore, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation /Community Bank Technology within the Enterprise Information Technology business provides strategic technology solutions to the both the PVSI and Community Banking lines of business, including application design, development, and support.
About the Role
Senior Java Engineer with hands on development , good Design skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Analyze and suggest optimal tool and Framework appropriate for the use case instilling best practices of software development
- Drive the design conversations to arrive at best possible solutions for multiple parallel initiatives
- Provide Business value through innovation and continuous improvement
- continuously find opportunities to refactor and reduce technical debt
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills; proven ability to work with end users to understand and transform requirements to solutions
- Conducts peer code reviews and design reviews
- Perform Impact Analysis for Functional / Non Functional for release epics
- Lead and mentor junior technical team members
- Necessary presentation and documentation for technical artefacts
- Ensure Release software meets all requirements of Security, Quality, Extensibility, Performance, Reusability
- Core skills - 11 to 1 4 years Java/J2EE Web Application Development, Spring core, Web Services (REST, SOAP etc.), microservices development .
- Strong in OOAD, Multi-threaded application development, design and implementation of web applications, Design Patterns
- Experience in Consumer Banking or any complex middleware applications
- API - driven development - Experience working with remote data via SOAP, REST and JSON.
- Experience with Applications Performance Tuning, Scaling, Security, Resiliency Best Practices
- Hands on experience in delivering high value projects in Agile (SCRUM) methodology using preferably JIRA tool.
- Good business communication skills in English
- Problem solving & critical thinking
Skills and Certifications
- Technical requirements include the following:
- 4 year or graduate degree in Computer Science or engineering
- 7 -11 years of hands-on software architecture, design and development experience
- Experience in Java/J2EE, Spring, Web Services, Microservices, Cloud
- Strong knowledge in OOAD, Multi-threaded application development
- Experience in Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) & Domain Driven Development (DDD)
- Work experience with SVN, Maven, GIT, Gradle, AppDynamics, Splunk etc. DevOps tools.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top