Ski Resort Program Risk Control Consultant (Risk Control Consultant 2)
Safehold Special Risk is one of the top MGA's in the insurance industry offering industry specific coverages and programs across a wide range of industries. Our Ski Resort program is adding a position for a top Risk Control professional to cover the Western United States; generally working in lift inspections from September through December and Operational Surveys of resorts from January through April. During the rest of the year they will have responsibilities with regard to Ski Resort Summer operations. This role calls for extensive travel during ski season. We are open to candidates who will work remotely from home from a location within the territory.
General Risk Control Consultant 2 duties include:
Identifies and evaluates exposures and potential risks within the operating structure of customers with large and/or complex business operations. Performs comprehensive research and evaluations of customer operations. Makes recommendations for alterations and corrections to prevent resulting loss of assets. Prepares presentation materials including spreadsheets, graphics, charts and other illustrations and provides recommendations for sales executives. May provide leadership and guidance to less experienced staff.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of risk experience in safety engineering
- Experience identifying and evaluating exposures and potential risks within the operating structure
- Experience with advanced research and complex evaluations of client operations, claims analysis, loss trends, and technical areas
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to create spreadsheets, graphics, charts, diagrams and other illustrations for presentations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Snow skiing experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of the ski industry
- Broad knowledge of Summer ski resort industry operations
- Intermediate to advanced ski or snowboard ability
- Working knowledge of OSHA 9, ASTM F27 (Snow Skiing) and ASTM F24 10 (Amusement Rides and Devices). In depth knowledge of ANSI B77 11, related to the safety requirements of Passenger Ropeways, Aerial Lifts, Surface Lifts, Tows and Conveyors
- Experience in and ability to perform lift inspections in order to evaluate the safety of lift equipment and operations
- Ability to drive in snow and incliment weather
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0079792 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top