Shared Services Database Analyst
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We are looking for a highly competent and motivated individual to fill a Mid - Senior level DBA role in the Enterprise Data Technology Shared Services DBA organization to manage and support highly complex Teradata data warehouses. This is a database management and support role to service all of the Teradata databases within the data technology area. The role is involved in the planning, analysis, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases. Consults with and make recommendations to management and multiple application DBA/support teams on high impact data, queries or database management issues. Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management and deployment activities including one or more of the following:
• Monitor the shared services mailbox for any work requests, work orders and problem tickets and address them in a timely manner
• Review code and deploy database code/objects for new projects and enhancements
• Collaborate with production support and Application DBA teams to address any data backfill/load failures during production issues
• Share on-call rotation duties and troubleshoot and resolve user and database issues to ensure the service level requirements.
• Collaborate with Infrastructure DBA & Application DBA teams and external vendors in support of database installations, patches, upgrades and migrations
• Provide necessary support in space management, access management and other manual intervention tasks required in production
• Support data copy to lower environments and assist with backup and restore activities when required
• Monitor database performance and provide query recommendation to the users
• Provide guidance to less experienced database analysts, managed resources and other team members where applicable, including guidance for troubleshooting escalated issues and support regular/emergency requests during production issues.
- 7+ years of database design and administration experience
- 7+ years of relational database experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience
- 4+ years of Teradata experience
- 4+ years of performance tuning experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 7+ years of data warehouse experience
- 4+ years of UNIX experience
- 4+ years of stored procedures development experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build relationships
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- The job involves on-call duties once in 4-6 weeks for implementation and support activities. Flexible schedules for the on-call week can be arranged.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top