Senior User Researcher
- San Francisco, CA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) is part of the Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) business division. WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
Wells Fargo's Experience Design (XD) group is hiring a Senior User Researcher.
The Wells Fargo Experience Design (XD) team designs experiences that people love and confidently engage to improve their financial lives. We work closely with Technology and Product Management to ensure we are problem-driven (versus solution) and customer-first. While we have individual expertise across product design, research, content strategy and operations, we all operate as empowered leaders with strong design rationale. As a team, we care about each other yet believe in radical candor, want to have fun while we work, and are obsessed with what's most important to our 30+ million customers and incorporating their voices into every decision!
Responsibilities will include:
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that Wells Fargo ships delightful customer experiences that achieve business goals.
- Frame problems and identify the right research questions to answer.
- Identify research approach, balancing rigor and inspiration appropriately.
- Craft research plans that account for timelines, addresses key questions, and ensures that your research has impact.
- Execute research, leveraging a broad toolkit for both generative and evaluative research, such as ethnographic research, card sorting, diary studies, writing and analyzing surveys, usability testing, and ux metrics.
- Generate insights that get beyond the obvious, leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data, such that teams understand customer behavior, motivations and emotions.
- Integrate insights with design and business strategy to create experiences that positively impact customer lives.
- Communicate insights compellingly.
- Ensure that your research has a measurable impact, influencing product direction, strategy and design decisions.
- Understand and communicate impact of insights on the future, articulating visions of future-state for various topic areas.
- Partner with various disciplines within a product team (product management, engineering, product design, content strategy, data science, and other researchers).
- Contribute to the broader research and experience design team to further strengthen the community.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- Financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Vendor management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in Human Computer Interaction, user research, design or a related field
- 4+ years working in a product team, shipping products
- Mobile and web experience
- Expertise in combining qualitative and quantitative data
- Expertise in setting customer-backed visions and inspiring others to get behind them
- Knowledgeable and have a deep understanding of the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, problem framing, interaction design, and content strategy
- Master's Degree or PhD in human behavior related field (Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- Deep expertise in both generative and evaluative research methods
- Proven ability to deliver products and/or services that are known for delightful experiences and ease of use
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top