Senior Operations Analyst
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help investors achieve their financial goals through investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by collaborative service. WFAM's investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams-each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies-that attempt to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
Wells Fargo Asset Management Luxembourg S.A. (WFAML) was established November 2014 and is governed by chapter 15 of the law of 17 December 2010 on undertakings for collective investment. WFAML currently serves as management company for a family of UCITS, and its capabilities will be extended to add discretionary portfolio management license. WFAML also serves as global distributor for our non-U.S. distribution activities. WFAML is a subsidiary of Wells Fargo Funds Management based in the U.S., which is a line of business within Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM). WFAM currently manages separate accounts and pooled funds for clients located outside the U.S. Our funds are registered in 20 countries. Further expansion of our asset management capabilities outside the U.S. is a critical growth initiative for WFAM.
WFAML is seeking a strong candidate to work closely with the Conducting Officer in charge of Distribution. The candidate must be experienced in financial services and be a self-starter. This position requires the ability to work not only independently but also pro-actively with a wide range of business lines and functional support groups.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise functional delegations to internal partners and external service providers supporting WFAML
- Specific mandate would focus on oversight of distribution and WFAML branches located in Paris and Frankfurt:
- Oversee and perform due diligence on key distributors, in coordination with the responsible functional teams
- Oversee activities performed within the branches to ensure adherence to Luxembourg regulation
- Ensure controls are in place and monitored so WFAML adheres to its obligations under relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies
- Review key performance indicators to ensure effective management oversight
- Promptly alert conducting officers of issues; follow up to ensure resolution as appropriate
- Work closely with delegates in the US, UK, France and Germany and other jurisdictions as relevant
- Special projects as requested
- Travel as required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Proven experience in one or a combination of the following: global distribution support or oversight function
- Graduate degree in accounting, economics, business, or law
- Experience of Luxembourg funds
- Thorough knowledge of UCITS and AIFMD legislation and regulatory frameworks, and fund requirements
- Ideally, experience working at a ManCo
- Experience with distribution and/or working with Luxembourg branches
- Effective communicator with ability to explain issues clearly and succinctly to all management levels
- Strong interpersonal and team skills and ability to build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent judgment and ability to formulate commercially sound solutions often under conditions of pressure and uncertainty
- Strong understanding of all facets of asset management, in particular distribution
- Strong analytic skills to be able understand and translate complex regulation, evaluate impacts and connect dots on both upstream and downstream implications for the business
- Proven track record of leading others, driving efforts to completion, escalating issues timely and effectively
- Ability to traverse both high-level executive discussions and in the weeds, tactical matters.
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to effectively manage partner relationships and multiple/competing priorities
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in asset management
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Fluent in English, ideally able to converse in French and/or German as well
- Experience with business analysis and problem resolution
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead/participate in multiple, concurrent initiatives.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top