Senior Database Developer (Oracle) - Database Analyst 5
Wells Fargo Global Payment Origination Services team, part of Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation Group is seeking an Oracle PL/SQL developer with experience in designing, developing and tuning database applications in a unix environment. The Global Payment Origination Team is responsible for creating shared web services to support electronic payment origination including Wires and ACH for customer facing payment origination channels. The strategic vision is to provide customers with a consistent global payments experience across channels, leveraging common services for payments validation, payment processing, and templates.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience developing stable and efficient PL/SQL application code with large data volumes and partitioned tables. The individual must have advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers, partitions, primary keys, indexing, and views. Candidates must display knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS including transaction processing, storage, performance, and security. Candiate should also have experience designing logical and physical data models for OLTP and OLAP. In this role, the individual must design solutions from business requirements and develop, test, deploy and support the solution.
The individual will be involved in the architecture and future designs of the environment along with the daily activities of analysis, support, testing and documentation. The individual may lead other team members on larger projects, be the sole individual on smaller projects or have roles in any number of projects at one time. Candidates must display excellent problem solving skills and be able to work with minimal guidance and direction. In addition, this role will have production support responsibilities, requiring collaboration with Enterprise Availability Office (EACO), Wholesale Service Level Management (WSLM), System Admins, Middleware Support, DBAs, Developers and other stakeholders relevant to addressing production issues.
- 7+ years of database design and administration experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced understanding of SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers, partitions, primary keys, different indexes, views
- Strong experience designing, troubleshooting, and tuning for performance
- Experienced in developing logical and physical data models for OLTP and OLAP
- Experience in developing Entity-Relationship diagrams and modeling Transactional using ERWIN
- Generate reports/DDLS from ERWIN and maintain different versions of models
- Reverse engineer data models from existing databases and systems and organizing the core subject area models
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with exceptional ability to learn and master new technologies efficiently
- Experience with large data sets
- Experience with scheduling tools like Autosys
- Exposure to Exadata or Coherence is a plus
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0070002 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top