Senior Credit Analyst.
Market Job Description PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The primary responsibility of this role is the underwriting of commercial inventory finance transactions (greater than $3,000,000), for Australia and New Zealand. This includes, but is not limited to, the qualitative and quantitative risk assessment and due diligence of new transactions, preparation of credit submissions and the management of the transaction through to documentation and settlement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Work as part of a deal team (which will include, but is not limited to, sales, credit, AMS and legal) to gain an in-depth knowledge of transactions. Such knowledge will allow for the assessment, preparation and the ultimate recommendation of Investment Approval Requests.
- Assessment will include liaising directly with external customers to facilitate customer and industry research and analysis. This may include negotiating suitable transaction structures, approval requirements and documentation drafting.
- Assessment and preparation of in-depth financial analysis including balance sheets, profit and loss, as well as cashflows, both on a historical and projected basis.
- Coaching other underwriters in team to assist in their upskilling
- Working collaboratively with sales staff in fulfilling/managing customer’s expectations.
- Liaising with internal legal counsel on complex transactional and legal matters liaising with and instructing external legal counsel on behalf of WF.
- Working with in house documentation staff – in the preparation of Loan and Security documentation and the processing of settlements.
- Any other credit/risk related duties such as reviews and reporting, as delegated by management.
- High quality standard of underwrite completed in a timely manner.
- Competency in managing tasks from inception through to conclusion.
- Completion of delegated responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Contribution to business unit performance
Market Skills and Certifications POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate degree in relevant business discipline.
Experience5 years commercial underwriting experience. Inventory finance experience is preferred though not essential.
- Experience with Australian documentation and settlement requirements including PPS.
- Experience in managing relationships in a credit risk and operations environment
- Strong accounting, modeling and financial analysis skills.
- Ability to liaise and instruct both internal and external legal counsel where required. This ability requires a good understanding of legal practices and issues relating to various forms of Australian domestic documentation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong commercial credit/underwriting skills incorporating the preparation, assessment and recommendation of credit submissions.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Assist the CDF organisation with training requirements, including preparing and facilitating training sessions for both Risk team and broader business.
- Ability to take ownership of transactions.
- Working collaboratively to achieve team goals and outcomes.
- Proactive in all aspects of role
- Effective coaching skills
- Service orientated, to both internal and external clients.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and completion of within allocated timeframes
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top