(Senior Commercial Underwriter ) - ABL Underwriter 1
Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance provides floorplan inventory financing solutions, service and intelligence through in-depth industry expertise and a commitment to customers. As a leading provider in specialized financing and servicing solutions, CDF delivers when it comes to helping facilitate the manufacturing, distribution and sale of products across a variety of industries from Powersports, Marine and Recreational Vehicles, to Outdoor Lawn & Garden, Agriculture, Technology, and Electronics & Appliances.
This role will be supporting the floor plan inventory financing for our Motorsports Division.
The Senior Commercial Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting transactions in a lending platform, emerging as an expert in Underwriting. Additional responsibilities include:
- Negotiate terms and conditions for transactions and work with deal teams to ensure appropriate documentation is in place
- Manage existing commercial accounts, perform rigorous analysis of transactions, and resolve problem accounts in partnership with deal teams.
- Prepare risk assessments and present to senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate risks
- Emerge as expert in underwriting while remaining primarily focused on daily execution.
- Interface with customers to obtain needed information, resolve credit related issues, and minimize potential losses
- Monitor accounts (along with the account team) to ensure on-going compliance with loan agreements.
- Other projects and assignments as requested including, but not limited to, portfolio analysis to ensure compliance and portfolio reporting
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of commercial lending experience
- 5+ years of commercial lending experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Proficient in financial statement analysis skills
- Ability to analyze unstructured/complex problems using quantitative analysis.
- Ability to make and deliver presentations to executives and external clients.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0212157 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top