Senior Commercial Appraiser- Valuation Consultant 3
You've got the passion. You've got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you'll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Corporate Credit is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan's life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Corporate Credit is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business.
More specifically, Corporate Credit develops, maintains and ensures adherence to enterprise-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite.
About Our Team
As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within Corporate Credit that:
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
The position works in a support function in the REVS-RETECHS commercial real estate department. In conjunction with REVS-RETECHS Group Head and leaders of its professional service lines, it collaborates with internal professional staff, vendors, account officers, attorneys & management to ensure we consistently provide a quality product to our partners and customers within agreed upon service levels.
REVS-RETECHS provides support for 3 types of due diligence work: Appraisals, Construction, and Environmental.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively partner and influence executive leadership while also ensuring the business runs efficiently, supports the customer needs, and always remains in compliance.
As a Valuation Consultant 3 with the REVS-RETECHS group you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Reviews commercial real estate financial statements and property information on highly complex properties to determine scope of appraisal work that needs to be performed.
- Uses breadth of knowledge of property types, market area and vendors to select best vendor for each job and appropriate valuation method.
- Orders and manages evaluations and appraisals and any follow-up evaluations required.
- Prepares detailed report including description of site, improvements, highest and best use, market data and investment information.
- Serves as point of contact for vendor and account officer throughout the appraisal process.
- Reviews appraisal reports to ensure appropriate content and compliance with federal, regulatory and bank policy.
- Approves and finalizes vendor reports; provides consultation on property value and identified risk factors.
- May provide guidance to lower level appraisers.
- 10+ years of valuation experience
- Certified Appraiser
- 1+ year of leadership experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate valuations and titles
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Commercial real estate experience
- Appraisal Independence Requirements, OCC Regulations regarding Appraisal Independence, Dodd-Frank Reform Act
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong technical and analytical skills including establishing market values and property ratings
- Certified Appraiser in the state of California
- Well versed in USPAP and FIRREA requirements
- Knowledge of Argus
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0048454 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top