Senior Business Relationship Manager
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Effectively acquires, manages and grows profitable account relationships with an extensive percentage of moderately complex and medium sized business customers that have annual gross sales of generally more than $5MM and less than $20MM. Ensures the overall success & growth of an assigned portfolio by deepening relationships of existing customers and through the acquisition of new customers. Proactively partners with existing customers in order to fully understand their businesses, goals, strategies and challenges. Accurately assesses their financial needs for the purpose of formulating a business plan and delivering an effective variety of financial products and services in order to help the customer succeed financially. Performs effective financial analysis and underwriting in the areas of credit, cash flow and collateral. Effectively partners with other Bankers and lines of business to deliver the full complement of Wells Fargo products and services. May structure and complete straight forward secured and unsecured business loans. May provide guidance to Business Relationship Managers.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business banking, sales, or credit-related experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with customers, clients, and colleagues
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial products and services
- Portfolio management skills
- Strong prospecting, sales, negotiation, and influence skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Complex commercial credit underwriting experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0003589 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top