Senior Business Initiatives Manager
Market Job Description Responsible for leadership of cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk. Examples might include, but are not limited to: finance, operational, and executive management review coordination, process improvement and redesign, major change management initiatives, ongoing oversight of a leadership, diversity, recognition or general program oversight. Provides leadership in the management of relationships, integration and implementation of programs, services, and initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Works with functional management to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflict and ensure alignment with Wells Fargo strategy and policies and business line objectives. Develops metrics, tracks evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives. Ensures plans and programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations. Manages a team to accomplish the work with functional management responsibilities.
- Chief of Staff Functions – Governance, Initiatives, Risk Management, Infrastructure, and Administrative Services
- Act as trusted advisor to Senior Management
- Assist business units to follow existing expense policies & create processes to drive expense efficiencies
- Manage internal communications, senior level presentations, off sites, etc.
- Manage administrative functions on behalf of business units
- Assist in developing short & long term corporate real estate strategies in all current & future business sites in coordination with Corporate Properties Group & Technology to manage the coordination, planning and execution equipment procurement, LAN, etc.
- Represents the business with external regulators, as well as serving on forums/committees
- Find efficiencies in the business by understanding cross business needs and creating more strategic solutions
- Work with senior leaders on day-to-day activities: communications with staff, staff planning and management, staff needs, hiring needs, recruiting needs, compensation, etc.
- Plan and evaluate impact to the business of industry mandates, then design and implement solutions to the needed requirements
- Ensure Disaster Recovery Needs of the business are met & tested
- Coordinate the drafting of business updates in the development of management presentation materials
- Coordinate with Cross Border Governance group in the development of Wholesale initiatives including: Risk Appetite Statements, Annual Strategic Planning, etc.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the business and various support partners; driving accountability across all internal functions supporting the businesses
- Drive infrastructure strategy for the business
- Partner with Legal, Operations, Technology, Compliance, Risk, etc. to ensure the groups business needs are met
- Deliver the business vision and objectives to the various support groups and provide direction and leadership as needed
- Work with Compliance and Legal to ensure the businesses are compliant with regulatory standards
- Work with Finance to track and regularly report on financial performance
- Oversee and assist with the management of various governance committees and forums such as New Products and Initiatives
- Initiative leadership involves not only tracking project deliverables but also:
- Coordinate the development of APAC new business initiatives
- Assist in the development of New Products documentation along with the navigation of and delivery to APAC ANIC and CBGG NIC for approval
- Act as a key contact for decision making within the initiative
- Provide product knowledge for extremely complex and integrated products
- Deep knowledge of market trends
Market Skills and Certifications Qualifications – Minimum of 8+ years of Financial Services
- Must be able to work independently while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment
- Able to execute large complex initiatives in a large corporate environment
- Background and/or experience in legal, operations, risk management, strategy/analytics, and business management of complex project and processes involving multiple disciplines would be considered a plus
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and within deadlines while maintaining high energy levels
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical personnel
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with senior management
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and documentation skills
- Education & Licensing Requirements: An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is a minimum requirement. An advanced degree and/or professional financial services licensing are a plus.
- Must have sound business judgment
- Ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery; strong demonstrable project management skills
- Ability to partner with others to achieve duties outlined above
- Strong work ethic, position frequently requires extended hours and flexible work schedule
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, strong analytical, problem-solving
- Self-starter behavior and able to recognize opportunities for improvement in the business and to act on those opportunities
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top